Thursday, May 23: Orioles at White Sox

SteveA

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

At least Cowser had a good at bat. Santander tried to pull a pitch a foot off the plate and Westburg missed a middle-middle hanging slider.  

It was refreshing to see something other than a strikeout, ground ball, or popup for a change.

The real answer is to not place emotional weight on the ability of strangers to either sling or impact baseballs at great speed. But for some reason that is not an option, so I’m just going to post like a fool in the game thread.

They’re just so lost at the plate right now. I believe that’s 3 XBH’s in their last 34 innings. And nobody in todays lineup has hit a ball in the air to the outfield since Mateo’s double in the 5th inning in game 2 against STL.

2 minutes ago, Kakes88 said:

Seems like every opposing team gets up to play the O's now. 

I've always felt we play DOWN to the level of our opponents...I dont know the stats, but it feels we struggle with poor teams...we sure as hell did  vs the Cards..

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I know the White Sox are MLB hitters too, but they are bottom of the league for a reason. It's logical to presume that Grayson should be able to get aggressive against them and attack the strike zone.

Well, he did. As futile as our offense is, our pitching has ranged from decent to excellent. "You can't win if you can't score."

1 minute ago, LGOrioles said:

They’re just so lost at the plate right now. I believe that’s 3 XBH’s in their last 34 innings. And nobody in todays lineup has hit a ball in the air to the outfield since Mateo’s double in the 5th inning in game 2 against STL.

Cowser just hit one to the warning track last inning.

2 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

I agree overall, but didn't Cowser just fly out to the warning track in the second inning? I know it's easy to miss, it's just an out. Certainly not a sign of them figuring out how to get actual results.