FIX THE DANG BULLPEN

DocJJ

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

99 mph sinker. Let’s bring him back. 

He had mental problems, but so does most people in our fanbase. 

You can always come home Jorge. 

95 mph sinker but he’s better than Thyago.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He had mental problems, but so does most people in our fanbase. 

And I don’t want any of them pitching for the Orioles, either.   If Jorge wants to come here and post in the rant section, he’s more than welcome.  

And to be clear, I’m not against bringing him back because of any possible mental health or clubhouse issues.  I just don’t think he’s likely to be a reliable pitcher.   

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Better than Vieira, but that's a low bar to hurdle.

Also, can we take a moment to laugh at just how bad the Mets are?  The harder they try, the worse they get.  I love it.

You've got to wonder why the Mets would want a guy from the Angels' system?   He must have had a great interview.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

And many people complained about it at the time, though more liked it than didn’t.

At the time it was kind of a bad look to trade your closer who had performed well all year when you’re in a Wild Card chase, but it worked out as well as anyone could have hoped for in hindsight. 

It’s an interesting thread to revisit.  Sports Guy wasn’t a fan: 

“A few days later and I’m still scratching my head at this move.  I just don’t get it.”

Then:

“It is a head scratcher because the return doesn’t justify the trade.  Elias seems to think it is but I think that’s wrong and, more importantly, it’s because I feel he is value building a farm system today over winning today.  I think that’s wrong too.”

Lots of other interesting posts.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It’s an interesting thread to revisit.  Sports Guy wasn’t a fan: 

“A few days later and I’m still scratching my head at this move.  I just don’t get it.”

Then:

“It is a head scratcher because the return doesn’t justify the trade.  Elias seems to think it is but I think that’s wrong and, more importantly, it’s because I feel he is value building a farm system today over winning today.  I think that’s wrong too.”

Lots of other interesting posts.  

I remember a lot of people telling on themselves by constantly mentioning Povich as the Twins’s ~25th ranked prospect and that being evidence of it being a bad trade (he was a recent draftee and that was essentially a placeholder ranking for a third round pick, but he had certainly risen in profile around industry based on velo add)

20 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Baumann has pitched once for the Marines and walked 2 of the 4 batters he faced. What makes you think he wouldn't be part of the problem still? 

We all know that Baumann has his rough games, but I'd still rather have him than Heasley or Thyago. 

And it looks like Akin hit his usual brick wall the last few appearances, so it would have been justified in hindsight to option him. 

It's a lot of hindsight, admittedly. Regardless, the Orioles would have had to upgrade on Baumann this season eventually, so I do get it. 

5 hours ago, dystopia said:

Can we just stop and appreciate once again that Elias got Cano and Povich for a career 5 ERA pitcher? 

You forgot about Juan Nunez who is an actual RHP prospect in Aberdeen.   The 4th guy,  always forget his name, is a 20 yo LHP who’s probably not a real prospect but who knows.

I definitely want Lopez back. Basically no risk. Not worried about his latest situation. He was kinda misinterpreted initially in the post game presser. Aside from this he’s got a good track record as a teammate. 

Worth a shot to see if he can harness his stuff again, even if he’s only done it sparingly. 

4 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

I definitely want Lopez back. Basically no risk. Not worried about his latest situation. He was kinda misinterpreted initially in the post game presser. Aside from this he’s got a good track record as a teammate. 

Worth a shot to see if he can harness his stuff again, even if he’s only done it sparingly. 

He's not no risk.  He's taking up a spot on the 26 man roster.