O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

34 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

I sometimes wonder, as the O's get better, this site goes in the opposite direction. Symmetry I assume. Talkin Baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? And they say an Old Dog can't learn new stuff. OH - how I continue to learn and stay informed.

I dare you to go look at all the other baseball teams chat rooms, even the ones that are winning, and find all the sanity that you seek on these boards.

Ain’t gonna happen.

Why do you think they call us fan-antics. It’s been repeated 1 million times.

for us adults, we understand how important the game baseball is in our otherwise serious lives so that’s why we can have fun with it. Not supposed to be serious.

38 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

I sometimes wonder, as the O's get better, this site goes in the opposite direction. Symmetry I assume. Talkin Baseball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? And they say an Old Dog can't learn new stuff. OH - how I continue to learn and stay informed.

When the team is really bad, you look for he positives and signs of hope and appreciate them.  When the team is good, you take the positives for granted and look for all the little imperfections and things that can go wrong.  

I’m guessing,

Wells to 60 man IL

Vespi to AAA

Vieira to MLB

They’ll probably get Vieira throwing more of a sweeper instead of a slider.  We needed a RH RP with Suarez going back to the rotation.  Vieira is essentially a Ramirez/Baumann replacement  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Phil Beckett said:

A lot of musicians hate flying. because unlike you, they’ve read what happens to a lot of musicians that have fly!

See: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Randy Rhodes, the big bopper, Richie Valens. 
And now that I think about it, lots of bands travel by driving.

Better luck next time.

Randy Rhodes? Never heard of him. I guess you are a musician, throwing out obscure names.

Edited by Malike

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

Randy Rhodes? Never heard of him. I guess you are a musician, throwing out obscure names.

He's mentioned a proggy Floyd album, Rush and Yes.

Randy was Ozzy's lead guitarist when he went solo, think Crazy Train.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Malike said:

Just a guitarist 

I like jazz fusion prog rock and  classical 

todays popular music is horrible 

Edited by Phil Beckett
Messed up

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

He was a guitar player for Quiet Riot.  Many musicians have died on planes because they fly a lot on private planes that in most cases probably shouldn’t been flying when they did.  Throw in Jim Croce, Patsy Cline and Ricky Nelson. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's mentioned a proggy Floyd album, Rush and Yes.

Randy was Ozzy's lead guitarist when he went solo, think Crazy Train.

Oh, Randy Rhoads? Yeah I love him. Never heard of Randy Rhodes.

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

He was a guitar player for Quiet Riot.  Many musicians have died on planes because they fly a lot on private planes that in most cases probably shouldn’t been flying when they did.  Throw in Jim Croce, Patsy Cline and Ricky Nelson. 

Bruce Dickinson ensures his flights always arrive safely by flying his own 747.

2 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Just a guitarist 

I like jazz fusion prog rock and  classical 

todays popular music is horrible 

Also, O’Connor and the new grass people, Bella Fleck, and Derek trucks and the Allman Brothers jam type stuff

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

And I could name a bunch that died in cars/buses.  Folks that travel a LOT for work are more likely to die in a travel accident.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Randi Rhodes pilot was taking them for joy rides and dive bombing the rest of Ozzie‘s band and they crashed. Lynyrd Skynyrd died because they ran out of gasoline.