O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

May Vieira join the graveyard of bottom of the barrel relievers that we have traded for from the DFA junk pile and go back to the trash heap. 

Nothing personal against him but he is terrible.

He has pitched twice in Camden yards this season and his team has won both times scoring 11 runs.  The teams must think they have to score a bunch of runs if he comes in.   He did do lot better with Brewers facing us though.  

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed. I doubt we see Vieira long. He's a lot like Fuji. 

He made Fuji look like Greg Maddux today.  Though I’m told most of his pitches weren’t far out of the zone.  

He threw 2 innings against us in April and nothing over 96 mostly 94-95. Today every fastball and sinker was 97-100.  He was clearly overthrowing to try and impress but that backfired badly.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thanks.  I guess I’d say with the exception of the second batter, most of the pitches were close.  But close only counts in horseshoes.  

If you get a chance to watch it they weren't competitive pitches, they were balls out of the hand, even the close ones. 

2 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So...DFA him today. Maybe after today's performance, he doesn't get claimed and goes to the minors. The point of the trade was the young guy

I said to a friend, I hope when Hyde comes out to the mound he hands Vieira a bus ticket.