FIX THE DANG HITTING!

doccat

19 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

If Ortiz was still here we wouldn't have Burnes. I'm glad that we made the swap. We are 14 games over .500 I think our teams is plenty good enough without Ortiz.

We Orioles fans were so giddy with the Burns signing because we don’t do this kind of stuff very often. It would just be another go-hum day for the Yankees if they did the same thing. And I keep picturing if we had a veteran like Soto in the middle of our lineup.

There is no reason to Orioles have one of the lowest payroll in the league. And it doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon. I call that cheap.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I don't know how much we are "failing" at 32- 18. I guess you thought we should be 34- 16? 35- 15? You can blame the bullpen for that more than the offense considering that the team is 2nd in MLB in HRs and 7th in runs scored. Where you expecting #1 across the board?

I’ve watched MLB teams start off really well and then the weaknesses of the team start making them not do as well. Have you ever seen that?

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

We Orioles fans were so giddy with the Burns signing because we don’t do this kind of stuff very often. It would just be another go-hum day for the Yankees if they did the same thing. And I keep picturing if we had a veteran like Soto in the middle of our lineup.

There is no reason to Orioles have one of the lowest payroll in the league. And it doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon. I call that cheap.

You have a legitimate complaint about the payroll but there is real reason for optimism on that front given Rubenstein's arrival. 

But I don't know what you are talking about with the rest of it. Burnes has been one of the best starters in the league this year. And considering the makeup of the team, he was much more of a need coming into the season (given our roster) than Soto.

By the way, it wasn't "ho-hum" when the Yankees added Soto. It was a big deal. Also, who are the Yankees anyway? When was the last time that they won anything? Last time I checked we bested them by almost 20 games last year. The Yankees are just another team in our way! Nothing more nothing less.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Yes the owner has been here two months and you have figured out he isn’t going to spend any money already?  This isn’t fantasy baseball.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

I’ve watched MLB teams start off really well and then the weaknesses of the team start making them not do as well. Have you ever seen that?

We have tremendous depth, good pitching, great young players, and a very god Minor system to pull from for trade reinforcements. We are so good that we can still win when we are firing on all cylinders (like we are now). 

We are going to do very well this season. I don't know where all this is coming from? Either you are joking, trolling, or misinformed somehow?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

We have tremendous depth, good pitching, great young players, and a very god Minor system to pull from for trade reinforcements. We are so good that we can still win when we are firing on all cylinders (like we are now). 

We are going to do very well this season. I don't know where all this is coming from? Either you are joking, trolling, or misinformed somehow?

I haven’t been able to watch many games for the last month. We’re not doing very well and it’s a difficult team to follow right now and it seems like there’s a lot of holes and weaknesses that aren’t getting better.

17 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Yes the owner has been here two months and you have figured out he isn’t going to spend any money already?  This isn’t fantasy baseball.  

Well, that’s good news. How long does the “settle in time” last for the new owner?

I hope he realizes there’s a season going on right now and we are pretty frustrated Orioles fans.

by the way, the owner that has been here for two months, just signed a bunch of other cheapies.

Well, that’s good news. How long does the “settle in time” last for the new owner?

I hope he realizes there’s a season going on right now and we are pretty frustrated Orioles fans.

by the way, the owner that has been here for two months, just signed a bunch of other cheapies.

I'd like to see a big move at the deadline but you never know what will be out there.

I do expect to have a much better take on how the team will go by next spring training.

• Upvote 1

Are you frustrated about winning 101 games last year or every 2 out of 3 we are winning this year?  They sell little blue pills for your frustrations.  Just check out all the commercials during the broadcasts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

I haven’t been able to watch many games for the last month. We’re not doing very well and it’s a difficult team to follow right now and it seems like there’s a lot of holes and weaknesses that aren’t getting better.

It sounds like it. The Orioles have the third best record in the AL and the 5th best in baseball. And the number 1 team is only 3 up on us in the loss column. This is probably not the right message board to just start firing off wild statements that have no basis in fact/reality. 

6 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

If you are frustrated with the team I feel sorry for you. But please speak for yourself with using the inclusive term "we". I don't expect an owner who took over the team on Opening Day to be able to change the payroll or even add serious talent before the trade deadline. 

Like what could he even do in May? You claim to be a long time baseball fan, but I am struggling to make sense of what you are talking about.

I want to raise the bar of expectations more than many fans/posters on this board. But what you are talking about is not based in any real world scenarios that I can comprehend. What are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

Never mind, I withdraw from the conversation with you @Phil Beckett. You don't need to respond/reply. It looks like you haven't posted on this board before today in over 10 years. I see what this. PASS! I don't really participate in playing little silly reindeer games. 

44 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I’m new and I’m venting 😊

24 minutes ago, accinfo said:

Are you frustrated about winning 101 games last year or every 2 out of 3 we are winning this year?  They sell little blue pills for your frustrations.  Just check out all the commercials during the broadcasts.

You’ve never watched teams start off hot and then end up being being pretty bad? That’s my concern. We certainly won 101 games last year then we got swept completely in the playoffs.

Our off-season is always pretty poor and most oriole fans I know we’re always puzzled and confused about our cheap signings. It’s not just me.

Go try Camden chat. Or you can go on Facebook on the Orioles pages. Do you think everyone is thrilled? And I think their concerns are valid.

Seems to me like everything they do is on the cheap