Sunday Afternoon May 26th: Orioles at White Sox going for the four game sweep. (Start of game to be delayed by rain)

On 5/26/2024 at 6:56 PM, Hallas said:

I wasn't the genius that made up some time frame where pitchers threw 120 pitches.  From 2012-2014 (10-12 years ago) the average pitches/GS was 95, 95, and 93, and games over 120 weren't exactly commonplace; on average fewer than 3 per team per season.

The year Prior stopped pitching coincided with a drastic drop in games started with over 120 pitches; 2007 was the first year that there were fewer than 100 games started with over 120 pitches.  As recently as 2003 that number was over 200.  So I do stand by what I said re: Prior/Kerry being catalysts for pitcher fatigue/abuse/injury analysis.

here's an article from 1959 about pitcher injuries.  1959.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1959/05/04/the-aching-aching-arms

Gonna make it personal huh?  I didn't make anything up. I have watched baseball my entire life and I remember very distinctly and not that long ago that there was a "soft cap" of 120-130 pitches.   That is if the starter was throwing a good game of course.  That number is now down to 100.  We can disagree.  Nothing wrong with that.  NEITHER of our opinions can really be proven.