Red Sox series May 27th-29th

Let’s point out how completely un likeable the Red Sox remain. They get into a benches clearing scuffle with the Brewers… another team I’m not fond of… and Why?

Because Chris Martin wanted to jaw with the Brewers first base coach. Why do you ask? Well, in a 1-1 game late, the Brewers had the absolute GALL to bunt for a hit and then… the freaking travesty, they BUNTED AGAIN TO SACRIFICE HIM TO SECOND! We cannot let this stand!

Yeah Martin literally admitted he was made they bunted. WTF is that?  Not like it was a no hitter or some other unwritten rule situation. What a douche. 

I hope Mullins and Mateo pull the same trick on him in this series. 

12 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's what he's known for, it makes me laugh every time.  

Honestly, you go to all the trouble to research the Red Sox pitchers and all that other stuff and that’s the response?  

The Red Sox are 3 games under their Pythagorean record of 30-23, so they’ve underperformed.  If you’re looking for reasons why, you can start with their shoddy defense.   They’ve allowed 37 unearned runs, 15 more than the average team.   The advanced metrics rank them from slightly below average (-5 OAA) to very good (+17 Rtot), but in any event their errors have cost them dearly in terms of runs allowed.  When we faced them in Boston, the Red Sox yielded 7 unearned runs in 3 games (3, 1 and 3).   I’m hoping to see more of that in this series.   The Sox have been tough on the road and I’m expecting a tough series.   Hopefully they still haven’t figured out Cowser.   

We will win at least two but I think a sweep is almost as likely.  We will hit in this series and the starting pitching will remain rock solid.  Most seasons we have 1 and more likely 2 starting pitchers you'd dread seeing when their turn comes up.  This season we have none (so far) and that alone will win us 90+ games if it stays that way.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, you go to all the trouble to research the Red Sox pitchers and all that other stuff and that’s the response?  

Haha I really don’t care. I’m sure he’s got a stick up his ass cause I said the goal is 2 out of 3 which he apparently thinks is stupid. But winning 66% of your games across a season would be pretty historic, that seems to be over his head. 

I am not looking forward to our offense facing this guy today.  

58 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Red Sox are 3 games under their Pythagorean record of 30-23, so they’ve underperformed.  If you’re looking for reasons why, you can start with their shoddy defense.   They’ve allowed 37 unearned runs, 15 more than the average team.   The advanced metrics rank them from slightly below average (-5 OAA) to very good (+17 Rtot), but in any event their errors have cost them dearly in terms of runs allowed.  When we faced them in Boston, the Red Sox yielded 7 unearned runs in 3 games (3, 1 and 3).   I’m hoping to see more of that in this series.   The Sox have been tough on the road and I’m expecting a tough series.   Hopefully they still haven’t figured out Cowser.   

Yes, their defense has been terrible for a season or two now. They looked like a little league team last year, it was great. 

3 hours ago, OrioleintheATL said:

We will win at least two but I think a sweep is almost as likely.  We will hit in this series and the starting pitching will remain rock solid.  

Game one fulfilled your prediction well.   I’d take two more just like that one!

4 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

I don't understand the downvote either, but folks here worry about downvotes way too much. Who cares?

I don't think anyone is that worried, I found it simply hilarious for the randomness of it.