Anyone else stay up till midnight on a school night watching this game?

swerda

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 7:18 PM, Fiver6565 said:

I was in the ballpark that night. Best game I’ve ever been to. 

I’ve got news for you though - it wasn’t a school night. It was a Friday, I remember very clearly. 

Yep, I was there too.   Unforgettable.

My old 29 game plan seats, Section 360, 2nd row.   So just a bit down the 3rd base line right at the front of the upper deck.   Watched that grand slam soar right by us and into the left field stands.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yep, I was there too.   Unforgettable.

My old 29 game plan seats, Section 360, 2nd row.   So just a bit down the 3rd base line right at the front of the upper deck.   Watched that grand slam soar right by us and into the left field stands.

I was on the flag porch, back when it was just a tail there and not the full wall like I think it is now. I’m surprised someone didnt jump or fall over that rail, because it was absolute pandemonium out there for several minutes after he hit it. Wildest scene I’ve ever seen at an Os game personally, including playoffs. 

I wasn’t in Europe like a couple fellow fans, but I was living in Wyoming at the time — which can be a lot like living in another country. However, I had the ancient DirecTV MLB Extra Innings package and I was a witness from afar. Fun stuff.