My biggest question entering the season

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

Wow. I’ve never rooted for a perfect team before. Even the 60/70’s Orioles, which is still their best era. 

Do you call this rebuilding complete? Now you 100% trust the owners of this team?

pretty cool 

Off topic.  Derailing thread.  No good.

2 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Wow. I’ve never rooted for a perfect team before. Even the 60/70’s Orioles, which is still their best era. 

Do you call this rebuilding complete? Now you 100% trust the owners of this team?

pretty cool 

High Quality Ashton Kutcher burn Blank Meme Template

Hays looks cooked.  I'm holding out for Mullins to turn it around but I'm skeptical.  I believe Santander will get it going and get piping relatively soon and put up a typical Santander year.  I think it's time to see what Norby can do up here.  I think it's time for Urias to go and Norby to take his roster spot.  He can get time at 2b & Lf.  Westburg can hold down 3B and Gunnar can slide over if absolutely necessary.  Kjerstad scares me in the field and is really only playable in RF.  Stowers and Norby can platoon in left....can Norby cover LF in OPACY? Cowser is doing a good job in CF.  It looks like slowly but surely the youth is pushing the vets out.  

• Upvote 2

So I guess we have to put all of our faith in the fact they can take cheap scrap heaps and fix them.

Seems to be all we are going to do.

Personally, our payroll should be in the middle of the pack. AT LEAST!

When you spend more money, the idea is you get better players.
When you have better players, you win more games.

Of course you can spend the money stupidly, but then you get what you deserve.

can you imagine combining the success of Mike Elias with a larger payroll and better players?

heck. We might even be ahead of the Yankees right now! 😊

3 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

So I guess we have to put all of our faith in the fact they can take cheap scrap heaps and fix them.

can you imagine combining the success of Mike Elias with a larger payroll and better players?

Why?

According to the MLB Market Score the Orioles are in the 23rd market.

If they are the 23rd market why should they be ~15 in payroll?

8 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

Which 2024 free agent should they have paid?

7 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Hays looks cooked.  I'm holding out for Mullins to turn it around but I'm skeptical.  I believe Santander will get it going and get piping relatively soon and put up a typical Santander year.  I think it's time to see what Norby can do up here.  I think it's time for Urias to go and Norby to take his roster spot.  He can get time at 2b & Lf.  Westburg can hold down 3B and Gunnar can slide over if absolutely necessary.  Kjerstad scares me in the field and is really only playable in RF.  Stowers and Norby can platoon in left....can Norby cover LF in OPACY? Cowser is doing a good job in CF.  It looks like slowly but surely the youth is pushing the vets out.  

Norby now has 896 at bats at Norfolk with an .869 OPS. It's time to call Norby up and give him some at bats.

• Upvote 3

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Which 2024 free agent should they have paid?

I’m sure there’s some. Are you saying there were none? And I guess you’re defending the fact that we have one of the leagues lowest payrolls.

But no one has told me why we have one of the leagues lowest payrolls.

This is on top of the fact that I don’t like the fact that we’re keeping some of these prospects down in the minors and playing some of the scrubs we have.

Bring up the young kids and let them play! They couldn’t do any worse than Joey ortiz, right?

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Norby now has 896 at bats at Norfolk with an .869 OPS. It's time to call Norby up and give him some at bats.

The way I see it is if you accumulate 896 at bats in AAA with an OPS of .869 the team doesn't think you're a prospect and the rest of the league isn't that excited about you either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yes! 

1 minute ago, Phil Beckett said:

I’m sure there’s some. Are you saying there were none? And I guess you’re defending the fact that we have one of the leagues lowest payrolls.

I'm saying, "name them"

8 minutes ago, Phil Beckett said:

What part don't you get about the sale of the team becoming official on OPENING DAY OF THIS SEASON??

How in the world would Rubenstein bring the payroll to middle of the pack in 2 months during the season?

Most agree (especially me) that Angelos (father and son) sucked! But they are gone now.

Are you unwillingly to give Rubenstein a try? Or have you looked into the future (somehow) and have already seen what he will do?

And this is coming from me, the poster who pushes against low expectations, a cheap roster, not doing extensions, being like the Rays with an ongoing forever rebuild/"pipeline", etc. But you are being ridiculous!

22 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Because the most valuable players on the team haven't even reached arbitration yet. It makes perfect sense.

He just doesn’t understand this…and he doesn’t want to.  He would rather rant and be uneducated and say, we don’t want to talk baseball because we say that even though that is the root of the problem.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why?

According to the MLB Market Score the Orioles are in the 23rd market.

If they are the 23rd market why should they be ~15 in payroll?

Our last owner ruined this once pride of the league…so we had to become cheap.

And now I’m supposed to trust this other guy.

He hasn’t shown me anything.

It’s always the fans that suffer.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

I'm saying, "name them"

Fred is a good name 

You might be surprised that I can play baseball way better than you, even though you have all this amazing secret knowledge that makes hot chicks swoon.