Gunnar interview on Flippin Bats Podcast

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Woof, put Papi at first and Jeter at SS for his all-time infield.

He's only 22 years old. 

Not everyone is a historian of the game.  Jeter and Papi are probably the most popular at their respective positions in the 21st century, although I would argue Papi was a DH. 

I would go Pujols for 1B if we are covering Gunnar's lifetime.  Hard to argue with Jeter if we are just talking the last 20 years. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He's only 22 years old. 

Not everyone is a historian of the game.  Jeter and Papi are probably the most popular at their respective positions in the 21st century, although I would argue Papi was a DH. 

I would go Pujols for 1B if we are covering Gunnar's lifetime.  Hard to argue with Jeter if we are just talking the last 20 years. 

He put Pujols at 3rd.  And Craig Biggio at 2nd.  So I think he knows a bit more than he's letting on.

Edited by Moose Milligan

29 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He's only 22 years old. 

You kind of have to pick ARod as the best shortstop in that era, Jeter shouldn't even be a consideration.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

You kind of have to pick ARod as the best shortstop in that era, Jeter shouldn't even be a consideration.

Was gonna be A-Rod>Nomar>Jeter.  I think people forget just how good Nomar was, too.  

Anyway, Verlander asked him about the contract extension and Gunnar just played it off.  Said something along the lines of how he hadn't heard anything about that.  

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Malike said:

Arod was definitely a better SS than Jeter, but he moved to 3B in 2004.  Gunnar was two years old at the time. 

Then there's the steroid issue. 

Edited by ChuckS

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Arod was definitely a better SS than Jeter, but he moved to 3B in 2004.  Gunnar was two years old at the time. 

Then there's the steroid issue. 

He moved to 3B because Jeter's ego made the best SS in the game play 3B. Jeter was never the best SS on his own team when ARod was there.