The 2024 Trade Deadline

22 minutes ago, Malike said:

The Roman Empire was pretty big on Haruspices. They had tons of them.

We had a Western Civilization class in high school that I skipped in favor of an easier class called Modern World History, so I’m a little weak on my Greek and Roman history.  

Just now, Frobby said:

We had a Western Civilization class in high school that I skipped in favor of an easier class called Modern World History, so I’m a little weak on my Greek and Roman history.  

And your Harry Potter.

• Haha 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

And your Harry Potter.

When that series started my kids were in their “read to me” stage.  By the time it ended my daughter was in high school, locking herself in her room to devour the latest book within 24 hours of publication.  So, I don’t know too much about anything past the second book.

Just now, Frobby said:

When that series started my kids were in their “read to me” stage.  By the time it ended my daughter was in high school, locking herself in her room to devour the latest book within 24 hours of publication.  So, I don’t know too much about anything past the second book.

I know the general themes but I've never read them or seen the movies.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Oddly, I'm in the same boat, but much later in life became interested in Greek, Roman, and Egyptian history.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Oddly, I'm in the same boat, but much later in life became interested in Greek, Roman, and Egyptian history.

You listen to the Fall of Civilizations podcast?

Guy only puts out one or two episodes a year but man they are good.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You listen to the Fall of Civilizations podcast?

Guy only puts out one or two episodes a year but man they are good.

I do, I wish they had more episodes. Cooper is great. I missed his AMA on Reddit in April I keep meaning to read it.

9 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

Roberts would make good CF for Orioles . The problem is they need pitching upgrades . After they acquired the pitchers, who would they have left to trade for Roberts ?

True. He would be unlikely for that reason and a few others.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

True. He would be unlikely for that reason and a few others.

If our low minors prospects were performing I could see a trade like this.  But it's a little tough because we're pretty thin below AAA right now.

I don't think we need to empty the farm to pick up relievers.  So I think we can afford to give up prospects for someone like Robert, especially if we think we can get him right.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If you can get Robert without giving up your top 3 prospects, I think you look heavily into doing that.

I'd be very happy to have him, but getting two relievers (hopefully a closer among them) and a starter would take priority for me.  If we were able to get two relievers, and a starter, and had enough to get Robert, that'd be sweet.  It would, however, be a big ask.  Many would consider Robert a luxury.

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I'd be very happy to have him, but getting two relievers (hopefully a closer among them) and a starter would take priority for me.  If we were able to get two relievers, and a starter, and had enough to get Robert, that'd be sweet.  It would, however, be a big ask.  Many would consider Robert a luxury.

Maybe get Kopech in the deal as well.

I personally don’t believe there will be a stud reliever/closer type guy out there.

But Kopech and a guy like Nardi could be good and I doubt we have to give up much to get them..at least much in the grand scheme of things.