The 2024 Trade Deadline

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Ryan Helsey is a poor man's Chase McDermott

When Helsey was 26 he was on his 3rd year in MLB.  Not sure McDermott is gonna pitch to a 183 era+ in MLB anytime soon.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

White Sox once again drastically overvaluing their players. 

Can you imagine this level of hubris for a guy that barely plays and isn’t playing now?  I wouldn’t trade Kjerstad for him 

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Can you imagine this level of hubris for a guy that barely plays and isn’t playing now?  I wouldn’t trade Kjerstad for him 

We have no interest in him anyway, but it’s clear we are not going to be dealing with the White Sox. Much rather pillage somewhere else.

19 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Sure give up your top young prospects for a player who has managed to play over 100 games in a season once last year only to go back to being injured this season.

The White Sox are never going to rebuild with their delusional front office.

30 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I'm not sure I would trade Norby for him.  He's hurt more than he plays.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sure give up your top young prospects for a player who has managed to play over 100 games in a season once last year only to go back to being injured this season.

The White Sox are never going to rebuild with their delusional front office.

The package they got for Cease was solid IMO.  Just because their initial asks are absurd doesn’t mean they won’t get a reasonable deal done when push comes to shove.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 2

As a reminder, the Nationals got the following prospects in the Soto deal:

C.J. Abrams -- Padres #1 prospect (#9 overall by MLB Pipeline)

Robert Hassell -- Padres #2 prospect (#21 overall by MLB Pipeline)

James Wood -- Padres #3 prospect ((#88 overall by MLB Pipeline)

MacKenzie Gore -- Padres #4 prospect

Jarlin Susana -- Padres #14 prospect

I doubt very much the White Sox will get even half of that prospect haul for Robert. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

They can ask for whatever they want. Doesn’t mean they are going to get it. 

But I don’t blame them for asking for the moon. It’s what I would do. Ask for the stars when the real goal is probably closer to the moon.

2 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

As a reminder, the Nationals got the following prospects in the Soto deal:

C.J. Abrams -- Padres #1 prospect (#9 overall by MLB Pipeline)

Robert Hassell -- Padres #2 prospect (#21 overall by MLB Pipeline)

James Wood -- Padres #3 prospect ((#88 overall by MLB Pipeline)

MacKenzie Gore -- Padres #4 prospect

Jarlin Susana -- Padres #14 prospect

I doubt very much the White Sox will get even half of that prospect haul for Robert. 

AJ Preller is stupid.