The 2024 Trade Deadline

Mayo will be up now.  We are done, and although we gave up a lot of LHP Trevor Rogers i think we had to.  Stowers does not have a place on the team and Norby is also not have a solid one.  Bring up Mayo right now, and sign Santander!

Just now, mddisney said:

Mayo will be up now.  We are done, and although we gave up a lot of LHP Trevor Rogers i think we had to.  Stowers does not have a place on the team and Norby is also not have a solid one.  Bring up Mayo right now, and sign Santander!

I sure as hell hope not. The BP needs to be addressed badly. Kimbrel cannot be our closer in the playoffs. 

Norby and Stowers for Eflin sounds more reasonable than for Rogers. I do not understand what happened. There is no way Dominguez was our sole answer for our bullpen.

1 minute ago, mddisney said:

I don’t understand these comments about a player being blocked, so it doesn’t matter how much value you get for them. Just because Norby and Stowers are blocked doesn’t mean we have to take less value for them. 

Just now, mddisney said:

Nah won't dare call up Mayo. Will Nick Maton or Vavra and all abs will go to Urias lol

Not happy with the Rogers move right now but will reserve judgement to see other moves made by the O’s/other teams. If Flaherty gets moved for less than this package, it immediately looks very bad. And if Elias somehow doesn’t trade for a high leverage reliever (which should be virtually impossible based off the past month) then I will be perplexed.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

It's objectively a much better deadline for us this year than last. I'm surprised to see you not understand that. 

We got 3 pitchers who are all under control next season. One a very good SP with playoff experience, one a solid high-K reliever with playoff experience, and a young lefty with control and options.

In 2023 we got two rentals who were having bad years. 

How long is settling for "solid" satisfactory.

Rodgers does NOTHING for us in the postseason AND it looks like we are going to be stuck with Kimbrel closing games. Honestly, how do you think that is going to go in October?

I'm honestly baffled by this.

From every place that I am seeing, this move is getting crushed for the most part. We paid that much for a mediocre pitcher to be our 5th starter?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

How long is settling for "solid" satisfactory.

Rodgers does NOTHING for us in the postseason AND it looks like we are going to be stuck with Kimbrel closing games. Honestly, how do you think that is going to go in October?

I'm honestly baffled by this.

From every place that I am seeing, this move is getting crushed for the most part. We paid that much for a mediocre pitcher to be our 5th starter?

Bit of an overpay but I don't think it's any reason to flip out like everyone is doing. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Interesting...Trade Simulator likes this for us due to the money. Doesn't fix our TOR need though. 

This is the only place that appears to like this deal in our favor. EVERYWHERE else is saying major overpay for a mediocre pitcher.