Elias addressing media at 4:05 today

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's quite the accusation.

And why isn't he saying it about Wells, who had TJS before we got him in the Rule 5? I get it, but the double dip happens a good amount. 

Edited by interloper

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Bummer about Wells. I thought he’d just been cleared to start throwing again? 

I believe he was. Then the day when he supposed to start throwing came and went without the report that everything went fine.

Just now, Malike said:

That sucks, we'll probably roll with Irvin and Suarez and see Povich at some point.

Yup...I believe this.   Not confident in Suarez, but fine with Irvin.    At least Suarez will have some time to see if he can be an every 5th day guy for a bit before they start looking into potential trades (or bringing Povich up). 

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

Man... they don't even throw hard.  Hope Bradish's arm holds together.  We need more pitching. SPs, RPs, whatever - of course, so does the rest of the league. 

Think that has to do with everyone arms getting too much use before Majors. But that's something that will have to work itself out over time.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

And why isn't he saying it about Wells, who had TJS before we got him in the Rule 5? I get it, but the double dip happens a good amount. 

If I had to guess the Wells surgery is rather further in the past.

But the truth is, sometimes a properly done replacement ligament just can't hold up to the strain and snaps quickly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If I had to guess the Wells surgery is rather further in the past.

But the truth is, sometimes a properly done replacement ligament just can't hold up to the strain and snaps quickly.

This newfangled UCL replacement with internal brace procedure is supposed to have better outcomes for revisions.  Maybe that's what we'll see with these guys.