Elias addressing media at 4:05 today

Posted (edited)

So really, not much has changed.

Means was a luxury we assumed wouldn't last, and didn't, and we were doing fine without him early in the season and after he went down. 

Wells was going to come back to the bullpen, IMO, but would have changed nothing in terms of still needing to acquire backend relief help. 

Povich is next man up. But nothing really changes. Trade for bullpen help. That's it. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Hallas said:

This newfangled UCL replacement with internal brace procedure is supposed to have better outcomes for revisions.  Maybe that's what we'll see with these guys.

I think it depends on the injury and that version is not always going to be an option.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I assume both to the 60 day IL. This is probably the end of both of their Oriole careers. Povich is next man up. Zimmerman is a thing. Especially with our LH SP advantage. 

Zimmerman is not a thing

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Terrible news.    The O's just went from 10 starters to 8.   Kremer, Povich and McDermott are 6, 7 and 8.

Imagine the horror...10 starters to 8!  

Pretty sure you were here for the Asher Wojciechowski, David Hess, Aaron Brooks, Jimmy Yacabonis, Tyler Wilson days.  

We're light years from there.  There were questions all along if Means would be able to bounce back for significant innings and Wells was a candidate to break down all along since that's what Wells does.  Body of a horse that's made out of wet tissue paper.

We'll be fine.  This is a bump in the road.

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

And why isn't he saying it about Wells, who had TJS before we got him in the Rule 5? I get it, but the double dip happens a good amount. 

Means’ was much more recent and he doesn’t throw as hard. 

I had honestly forgotten about Tyler Wells. I thought he was an ideal bullpen piece at best. Means just seemed to always be one step away from a another IL stint. Oh well.