Elias addressing media at 4:05 today

49 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Think it was Holt?   Might have been Sig about not enough players with options in the pen.

One thing we know for sure.  Elias had the final word.

Gotta think Holt’s opinion weighs heavy in any pitcher evaluation. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Go big or go home.

I don't think it's quite as bold a statement as saying that start against the Reds was as good as the No hitter he threw when he lost the perfect game on WP third strike.

I was at that game.  Means' ability to throw 1st pitch strikes that night was a sight to behold.  That night he was the anti-Ubaldo Jimenez!  Just sucks that he suffered through the down years and can't catch a break now that we're contenders.

I  regret to hear news on Wells and Means setbacks.  I like Means because Orioles drafted and developed him .  He will be free agent this fall , should Orioles tender him or let him walk ?

As for Wells, he has the stuff but durability is his drawback . Every season Orioles slotted him in starting rotation, then he gets put on IL this season, 2023 and 2022 seasons also . 
When Wells returns next season  , they should slot him in bullpen permanently  , JMO 

Hate this for both of these men. Wish them the best in their recoveries. 

Means has been easy to root for as an Oriole and it is really a shame that he has struggled so much as the team has risen to near elite status. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m glad im Not the only one scratching my head at that comp.

It's because some bozo put a backdrop of John Means pitching on McDermott's player page.