Saturday 6/1 vs the Devil Rays with Bradish on the mound.

The 0-2 very wild pitch to Stowers reminded me of a question that comes to my mind every couple of years.  Has any player, most logically a speedy guy with real good strike zone judgment, ever tried to master the skill of sensing a wild pitch, nowhere near the catcher, with two strikes and first base open, swinging at it, and sprinting to first?  I guess it's just too difficult to learn to acquire that skill given the infrequency of its use. 

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Our pitcher gave up some runs so you have to generalize to this, like it's some characteristic of our team?

When was the last time we had "early inning prosperity" and gave it back?

We are winning 65% of our games and our offense is scoring among the top five  in MLB in runs per game.   Yet we hear so many of these generalized statements about how we can't hit, we can't handle prosperty, we always give runs back after we score, we always do this wrong, we always do that wrong.

It's all such utter BS.   If we were making a habit of doing all the things wrong all the time that the whiners and crybabies constantly cry about, there is NO WAY we would be on a 105 win pace or one of the highest scoring teams in MLB.   It would be impossible.

Do we do those things on occasion?   Sure, every team does.   Every team has a scoring drought   Every team occasionally gets a lead and gives it back.   Every other team strands runners on 3rd with less than two outs now and then.

But there is NO WAY we are worse at all those things than most teams.   There is NO WAY those things can be endemic problems for us rather than just things that happen occasionally to us like every MLB team.  Because if they were, we would not have the record we do.

Isn't against the rules to be this sensible on the game thread?😄

1 minute ago, Malike said:

If you can afford a multi-million dollar house you might be able to support the site for 25 bucks a year and then you can edit your posts. Just saying.

I get it.  There isn't a lot I'm willing to pay for on the internet.

I started using it back when everything was free and you get into that mindset.

• Haha 1