Sunday 6/2/2024 - Os vs Tampa Bay Rays

justD

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I'm at the game. What happened to Mateo?

Took a bat to the back of the head by Mullins in the on deck circle as he bent down to puck up a weighted ring for his bat

1 minute ago, gtman55 said:

Watching Mullins at bat is almost as painful as watching  Chris Davis in his last year or two. He has nothing right now.

Bad slump for sure but not close to that bad.  Maybe more like Mateo last May.  A number of good hitters are badly slumping this year for whatever reason.  He deserves more chances, but the fact that he is slumping is opening up more playing time for the young guys, though Cowser is not lighting the world on fire these days either.

If I had to criticize one thing about Henderson, it would be that horrible walk-up song they play as he approaches the plate.   I don't know if he has any control of that,  but it is the worst. 

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Took a bat to the back of the head by Mullins in the on deck circle as he bent down to puck up a weighted ring for his bat

So the only thing Mullins has hit today is his teammate. 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm at the game. What happened to Mateo?

Freak accident at the on deck circle. Mullins was on deck and Mateo went up with out alerting Mullins he was there, bent over to pick up a batting weight when Mullins wasn't looking, and Mullins brought his bat head down a little and it hit Jorge in the back of the head while he was bent over reaching for the batting weight. Mateo might have a concussion.

• Upvote 1