O'Hearn vs Mountcastle vs Mayo vs Kjerstad

It is good for the organization Mounty got that extra skill development after being International League MVP and is on Arb1 this year.    He definitely wasn't better than Renato Nunez or Chris Davis when the 2020 Orioles were 30th in first base Wins Above Average.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What I said isn’t a theory.  It’s a time tested data point. It’s a historical point.

For every first baseman you cite, we can cite dozens who says it’s wrong.

Guys can play later. No one has ever said but on average, over a span of over 100 years of data, historically players peak around age 27 and start slight declines after.  

But as you said it is a data point against the entire stack, and of course outcome is different for everybody, Thats why I only referenced RM, you brought AD as quick reference, Dont need him you have Mullins, and my point being hes been sliding Head  first and diving for balls in the Of since he was 12. His brand of baseball is slaughterhouse for longevity, RM not so much,speaking of slaughterhouse how bout Catcher? Back to Mullins he is 2o months older than RM, has gone from  5.8 WAR in 2021 to what he is now. Do you really believe that 2 years from now RM will be less than replacement level? 

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

But as you said it is a data point against the entire stack, and of course outcome is different for everybody, Thats why I only referenced RM, you brought AD as quick reference, Dont need him you have Mullins, and my point being hes been sliding Head  first and diving for balls in the Of since he was 12. His brand of baseball is slaughterhouse for longevity, RM not so much,speaking of slaughterhouse how bout Catcher? Back to Mullins he is 2o months older than RM, has gone from  5.8 WAR in 2021 to what he is now. Do you really believe that 2 years from now RM will be less than replacement level? 

I guess AD is Adam Jones?

I mention him because they are similar hitters.  Good power, decent average, mediocre OBP, chases a lot of pitches, etc…

I have no idea why you are even mentioning Mullins here

And goodness, do you actually read what I’m saying?  I never said Mounty will be bad. I never said he would be below replacement level.

I said I think this season will be his career best season although I concede he may have another one in there at some point but he has largely been a 770-790 OPs guy in his career and that doesn’t figure to be a lot better as he gets older.

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I guess AD is Adam Jones?

I mention him because they are similar hitters.  Good power, decent average, mediocre OBP, chases a lot of pitches, etc…

I have no idea why you are even mentioning Mullins here

And goodness, do you actually read what I’m saying?  I never said Mounty will be bad. I never said he would be below replacement level.

I said I think this season will be his career best season although I concede he may have another one in there at some point but he has largely been a 770-790 OPs guy in his career and that doesn’t figure to be a lot better as he gets older.

Of course AD is Adam Jones. Thats how we talked back in the late 70,s early 80's.Do you read what I'm saying. Unique !B have a license to age slower. You have no Data point that dis spells that. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Of course AD is Adam Jones. Thats how we talked back in the late 70,s early 80's.Do you read what I'm saying. Unique !B have a license to age slower. You have no Data point that dis spells that. 

I'll take youre laugh Emoji as a Shut Down. Fair enough, Good bye

22 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Take it as your opinion on this is so bad and so outdated that is laughable and not worth further discussion with you because you are that clueless on the topic.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

I've often wondered, did you own the mare, Safely Kept?

29 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

When SG doesn't have a proper rebuttal for a point he uses the laugh emoji as an cop-out.

It's a trick he figured out last year.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

When SG doesn't have a proper rebuttal for a point he uses the laugh emoji as an cop-out.

It's a trick he figured out last year.

Funny you think you figured that out since you have yet to post a point that a blind monkey couldn’t have a rebuttal too.