Wednesday, June 5: Orioles at Toronto

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Gil is on an innings limit, he won't be pitching for them in September unless they want to ruin his arm.

So they'll have space to give this kid Gerrit Cole a shot. Look, I'm not ready to crown the Yankees yet but you can't count on a Rays-like collapse, either. A Wander Franco scandal doesn't come around every year (thank God).

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

So they'll have space to give this kid Gerrit Cole a shot. Look, I'm not ready to crown the Yankees yet but you can't count on a Rays-like collapse, either. A Wander Franco scandal doesn't come around every year (thank God).

Yeah, hopefully, his elbow doesn't start hurting again.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Malike said:

No, we're actually 2.5 games behind NYY not 4.5 behind Tampa like we were in 2023. If you think the Yankees are going to play .700 ball, well, good for you. I can assure you, they will not.

My point is completely valid. New York is slowly widening the gap between them and us, whether they will continue to do that remains to be seen, but last year at this time we were narrowing the gap between Tampa Bay and us.
So last year the gap was getting narrower until we passed Tampa. this year, The gap is getting wider despite the fact that we are playing very well.

My point is that you cannot compare the two years, but if you insist on doing so, the difference between the two years is obvious

Edited by Philip

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Skydome looks like such a relic now. 

Don't hear about the BJs or their fans clamoring for a new, more intimate ballpark, so they must like it.  Then again, they're Canadians.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Good point about Franco.  I forgot about that.

Just now, Philip said:

My point is completely valid. New York is slowly widening the gap between them and us, whether they will continue to do that remains to be seen, but last year at this time we were narrowing the gap between Tampa Bay and us.
So last year the gap was getting narrower until we passed Tampa this year. The gap is getting wider despite the fact that we are playing very well.

My point is that you cannot compare the two years, but if you insist on doing so, the difference between the two years is obvious

Slowly widening the gap, when we made up half a game on their off-day on Monday? Weird math.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That Devo catch was insane. I remember watching it when it happened. Couldn’t believe it. Maybe the best catch I’ve ever seen. 

I thought it was the best catch I have seen because the sheer speed Devo was traveling and the height of the leap was off the charts. 

• Upvote 1