June 6 at Toronto.

Gurgi

I think that's the Gunner effect on our outfielders. We have outfielders who won't make semi-easy plays because they've gotten used to him going out so far. Outfielders need to make the plays like that if it's going to be close. Seems like that's a coaching issue.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

There's a lot of the game left, but it just has a feeling as one of THOSE games.  Just flat offense, can't get anything going against a soft tosser.  I hate watching games like this.

I don't think I've heard anyone who averages over 95 mph on their fastball get called a soft-tosser.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm also just unimpressed with Povich.  Like, he's done some good things but he, in a weird way, reminds me of Bedard...like, before Bedard learned how to trust his stuff and was nibbling and walking people and getting hit.  

To be fair, he probably feels the pressure even more to be perfect since he knows his offense is trash today vs an at best average pitcher.

Just now, deward said:

I don't think I've heard anyone who averages over 95 mph on their fastball get called a soft-tosser.

95 ain't much these days.  His fastball is in the 75th percentile on statcast.  His fastball run value is smack in the middle at 51%.

And here we are, not being able to touch him.  Freaking unbelievable.

Yusei Kikuchi was so good at the end of last year that even though Jose Berrios was also having a great year, they preplanned after Kevin Gausman lost Game 1 that Berrios would be removed when a couple left handed bats were due the second time through the order.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Anthony just doesn't want to get injured from a collision. Maybe he should call off the Infielders.

It should be on the outfield to call off the IF. As an infielder, you go hard after it until your outfielder calls you off.

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

To be fair, he probably feels the pressure even more to be perfect since he knows his offense is trash today vs an at best average pitcher.

Yeah, but the knock on him has been spotty command.  That hasn't really changed a lot here.