Kyle Gibson's Season with the Cardinals

LA2

Note: I couldn't find the Former Orioles topic. Please merge.

Kyle Gibson's stats so far: 12 starts, 70.2 IP, 3.69 ERA, with his WHIP down from last year's 1.318 to 1.231.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Kyle Gibson's stats so far: 12 starts, 70.2 IP, 3.69 ERA, with his WHIP down from last year's 1.318 to 1.231.

He's having a nice season, but a sub-4 ERA is no longer anything to write home about considering the depressed offensive environment we are in. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nothing directly.  But it's a "Hey, wouldn't this look good in our rotation right now without Means and perhaps Bradish soon," post.

Yea I guess…of course that ignores the idea that Gibson wanted to go to St Louis to be close to home, so even if the Os wanted to keep him (and rightfully they did not), he likely doesn’t stay here.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Nothing directly.  But it's a "Hey, wouldn't this look good in our rotation right now without Means and perhaps Bradish soon," post.

If Bradish goes down then I agree, though all 5 of our starters right now are better than Gibson. 

47 minutes ago, LA2 said:

It's in the MLB section.

First page.

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What does this have to do with the Os?

This is the part where we talk about how the O's scouting and development is total trash and that all Gibson had to do was go to a halfway decent org and he's a solid contributor.

Oh, wait, I fell asleep there for a while. Is it still 2016?

9 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This is the part where we talk about how the O's scouting and development is total trash and that all Gibson had to do was go to a halfway decent org and he's a solid contributor.

Wait is this an attack on my post earlier this week, because I said no such thing. This is a gross mis-interpretation of my discussion post.

Besides poster's like Webbrick, who is trashing the organization like its 2016? I'll wait.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I guess…of course that ignores the idea that Gibson wanted to go to St Louis to be close to home, so even if the Os wanted to keep him (and rightfully they did not), he likely doesn’t stay here.

It also doesn't guarantee that he'd have the same stats here. 

I liked Gibson a lot, great clubhouse guy and pitched some great games last year but I didn't necessarily want him back, either.  

3.69 is the new 5 era. Admitting that I'm paying closer attention to the entire league and not just the Orioles because sports books went live in NC a few months ago. But, every night I'm looking at pitcher matchups and the sheer volume of guys every single day up and down the league that are at 3 era or less into June is insane. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 1:40 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

I hope that others here don't think that was my intention. I did ask for it to be merged, where it would have been treated as mere O's trivia, which would have been fine with me.

Edited by LA2