Qualifying AL Leaders in OPS+

Filmstudy

The last 17 games, the O’s have an .844 OPS and are averaging 6.00 runs per game.  During that time:

Santander 1.034 OPS 7 HR 11 RBI

Mountcastle .996 OPS 5 HR 14 RBI

Henderson .981 OPS 4 HR 10 RBI

Westburg .906 OPS 3 HR 10 RBI

Rutschman .905 OPS 4 HR 21 RBI

Also, in more limited at bats, the previously ice cold Urías and Hays have a 1.242 and 1.077 OPS, respectively.

The only big negatives in that stretch are Cowser .511, Mullins .402, McCann .332.   

Another question that comes to mind...How can a team with this much thunder at the top of the lineup be so pathologically bad at scoring runs in the first inning on the road?

They have now scored just 3 runs in the 1st inning of their 30 road games.

1 hour ago, Filmstudy said:

Another question that comes to mind...How can a team with this much thunder at the top of the lineup be so pathologically bad at scoring runs in the first inning on the road?

It is indeed an oddity.  

3 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

For one thing, Adley seems like a guy who uses his first at bat to gather information about a pitcher that he can use later.   

This lead to an interesting question for me.  All Star starters.  I think Gunnar and Adley are near locks for SS and C and I don't think Westburg will or should start over Devers based on the year he is having but it is possible that Mountcastle is having the best year of any first basemen in the AL?  He leads all AL first basemen in OPS, Slugging and WAR and is second in AVG, HR and RBI.

4 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

Did Gunnar homer in 2 of those games?  lol

1 hour ago, The Goob said:

This lead to an interesting question for me.  All Star starters.  I think Gunnar and Adley are near locks for SS and C and I don't think Westburg will or should start over Devers based on the year he is having but it is possible that Mountcastle is having the best year of any first basemen in the AL?  He leads all AL first basemen in OPS, Slugging and WAR and is second in AVG, HR and RBI.

Is Gunnar a lock?  Witt is having a pretty good year and might be a better known name with the fringe fans.

15 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Is Gunnar a lock?  Witt is having a pretty good year and might be a better known name with the fringe fans.

His teammate Perez also will draw a lot of votes.  KC fans are well known for being aggressive at the ballot box.