T. Rowe Price O's new jersey sponsor

spleen1015

It doesn't look completely terrible on the white or gray tops, but it's pretty fugly on the orange and black ones. If the only choice was between this or changing the stadium name, then I guess I'll take this, reluctantly.

Anyone who is paying attention to the MLB landscape knew this was coming at some point. I don't think the logo looks that bad and at least it's a local company. More money for our team is a good thing. Count me among those that see this as a positive.

No issue w/ this from me, because it was inevitable anyway.  Throwing out a hype video like this is some exciting uni change is an odd choice though.  I think most people will be fine w/ it, but I also think that literally NO ONE will be hyped or excited about it.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

No issue w/ this from me, because it was inevitable anyway.  Throwing out a hype video like this is some exciting uni change is an odd choice though.  I think most people will be fine w/ it, but I also think that literally NO ONE will be hyped or excited about it.

Most likely part of the terms of the sponsorship deal is corresponding marketing from the Orioles to show them off - via promotional videos, in stadium promotions, via TV networks talking about them, and other advertising venues. 

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Most likely part of the terms of the sponsorship deal is corresponding marketing from the Orioles to show them off - via promotional videos, in stadium promotions, via TV networks talking about them, and other advertising venues. 

Sure, I get that.  And here we are talking about it in its own thread, so mission accomplished, I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Anyone who is tweeting or posting "this will help us extend Gunnar and Adley!" is just begging to have that thrown back in their face. Cash grab that will have zero to do with payroll.

This exactly. Every team is going to have one once it was introduced. It doesn’t “balance the playing field” for the small teams. I’m sure the big teams are getting way more revenue for theirs. 

it’s just so unfortunate that everything has to be an advertisement now. I’m sure some will say “Well it’s only the sleeve” but at some point they’ll add another sleeve spot and then years down the line another ad space etc. 

The expense ratio on my 401(k) T. Rowe Price growth fund is .65. Ridiculously high. It’s basically the only fund option not completely weighted down by bonds for the company. I hate even thinking about it. Now whenever I watch the orioles I’m reminded of how I’m getting bent. Thank you sponsorships!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, deward said:

It doesn't look completely terrible on the white or gray tops, but it's pretty fugly on the orange and black ones. If the only choice was between this or changing the stadium name, then I guess I'll take this, reluctantly.

That is just an awful look on the black jerseys. Are the hideous City Connect jerseys exempt?

Adding a giant blue circular patch on the Orioles great uni's is tacky, gross, and pretty embarrassing. Imagine being a multi-billion company company that has to start chilling for other multi-billion companies to make "ends meet?"

This reminds my of the foreign leagues. Is it going to make me stop going or watching games, no.

Is it an embarrassing first step for the new owner, yep. Mucking up your unis of your team for a few extra million dollars when you're a Billionaire who now owns another company with more than a Billion is pretty sad. Mark me as down as one who is disappointed in Rubenstein for allowing this to be his first real change to the organization. 

Maybe this gives us some real indication that while he may be a guy who going to do commercials, and throw hats to the fans like Ceasar had bread thrown to the crowd for cheers, he's also going to be a guy who will maximize his profits no matter what. 

For a team that has a low payroll and is one of the most profitable teams in baseball, I don't see how this changes anything other than makes them look like a Little League team. Too bad Chico Bail Bonds wasn't able to afford to be the sponsors.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Anyone who is tweeting or posting "this will help us extend Gunnar and Adley!" is just begging to have that thrown back in their face. Cash grab that will have zero to do with payroll.

Exactly. This was an Angelos-type penny pinching move. I'm disappointed that Rubenstein allowed this to happen.

In his first real move he monetized his players sleeves and made them go shill for the another multi-billion company in pictures that were embarrassingly shared by the team's twitter account. The faces of Gunnar and Rutschman tells it all. They look like hostage pics.