Suarez, Povich, and Irvin for Atlanta

accinfo

I just heard on the radio it will be Suarez, Povich, and Irvin for the Atlanta series.  So the 6 man rotation is in place.  I can see Kremer getting slotted in when he is ready for Povich.  I wouldn’t be surprised he goes on a rehab the same night Povich pitches.  This puts our top 3 against the Phillies.  Yankee series will be more interesting since there will be a day off next Monday.

Edited by accinfo
  • Upvote 1

Just now, accinfo said:

I just hear on the radio it will be Suarez, Povich, and Irvin for the Atlanta series.  So the 6 man rotation is in place.  I can see Kremer getting slotted in when he is ready for Povich.  I wouldn’t be surprised he goes on a rehab the same night Povich pitches.  This puts our top 3 against the Phillies.  Yankee series will be more interesting since there will be a day off next Monday.

With the off day pre-NY, I think Povich may be optioned after his start no matter the result. I'm guessing: 

ATL: Suarez, Povich, Irvin

PHI: Bradish, Rodriguez, Burnes

off-day

@NYY: Suarez, Irvin, Bradish?

They could potentially skip Suarez in NY and go with Irvin-Bradish-Rodriguez on 4 days rest each. But I think they'll do the above. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

With the off day pre-NY, I think Povich may be optioned after his start no matter the result. I'm guessing: 

off-day

They could potentially skip Suarez in NY and go with Irvin-Bradish-Rodriguez on 4 days rest each. But I think they'll do the above. 

Something like that.  I agree Povich goes down after his Wednesday start, and they’ll bring up a bullpen arm until another starter is needed.  

Next Sunday may be Burnes-Wheeler. Are they the two most bankable (healthy) aces in MLB at the moment? 

Don't worry, the ESPN Sunday Night crew will be busy with Yankees-Red Sox. 

Edited by Spy Fox
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

Next Sunday may be Burnes-Wheeler. Are they the two most bankable (healthy) aces in MLB at the moment? 

Don't worry, the ESPN Sunday Night crew will be busy with Yankees-Red Sox. 

I see people complaining about this but I’d much rather have our guys calling the game than espn

27 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I see people complaining about this but I’d much rather have our guys calling the game than espn

So would I. 🙂 

I do like that Sunday night timeslot though. 

4 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

off-day

I’d be tempted to start Suarez on Sunday on 4 days rest and hold Burnes for Tuesday in NY.  While the Philly series is big a win against NY is more valuable in the standings than against the Phils.

Edited by btownoriole

On paper Atlanta has the advantage on tomorrow as they have Fried on the hill. Wednesday both teams have young, unproven guys who have 3 career starts between them. And I'm saying Bradish as our scheduled starter for Thursday.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

On paper Atlanta has the advantage on tomorrow as they have Fried on the hill. Wednesday both teams have young, unproven guys who have 3 career starts between them. And I'm saying Bradish as our scheduled starter for Thursday.

They already announced starters for tues - thurs. Not Bradish.

12 minutes ago, btownoriole said:

I’d be tempted to start Suarez on Sunday on 4 days rest and hold Burnes for Tuesday in NY.  While the Philly series is big a win against NY is more valuable in the standings than against the Phils.

This. You only get so many shots at your division rivals with the new schedule. Malpractice not to have your ace go in New York.