Monday 6/10 at Tampa

Morgan423

10 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

The random gopherball per game by Burnes is vexing. I can just picture it in Yankee Stadium in October.

If he gives us a quality start like he has the past 8 starts, I'll take that in October in Yankee Stadium regardless of whether it has a "random gopherball".

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

It's the new thing around here. Adley hasn't caught Burnes in his last 4-5 starts so there MUST be some drama there.

I don’t think there is something but Roch made reference to it as if there could be. He also might have had tongue firmly planted in cheek. 

Just now, Frobby said:

That’s beside the point.  Even excellent players make physical mistakes.  It doesn’t mean they “weren’t focused” or have some character flaw.  That’s my point.  The way McKenna got personally attacked for that play, you’d think he’d say on the ground and let it drop.   

McKenna was just everyone’s whipping boy around here.  It was Urias lately until the last week or so. 

Just now, Frobby said:

That’s beside the point.  Even excellent players make physical mistakes.  It doesn’t mean they “weren’t focused” or have some character flaw.  That’s my point.  The way McKenna got personally attacked for that play, you’d think he’d say on the ground and let it drop.   

And you’re ignoring why McKenna got attacked for that play. Even though I agree with you that people were still bringing it up weeks later were annoying. 

This happens to guys like Westy, but the notion that McKenna was a doofus was something that was applied to him before that play, it certainly hounded him after. 

Westy doesn’t have that reputation and that helps him in that situation. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

A reminder that Ben Wagner should be the full time play by play broadcaster. 

Ah yes.  I so loved him talking about an event in “Anne…uh, uh, R-en-DALE” county and telling us all multiple, multiple times how wonderful the Blue Jays organization is and how well they treated him last week. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s beside the point.  Even excellent players make physical mistakes.  It doesn’t mean they “weren’t focused” or have some character flaw.  That’s my point.  The way McKenna got personally attacked for that play, you’d think he’d sat down on the ground and let it drop.   

I hope we don't have to debate this a third time. 😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

but the stakes were far different...McKenna's drop cost us the game..Westburg's didnt...

McKenna’s drop didn’t cost us the game. The homer Bautista then allowed cost us the game. Just like Westy’s drop didn’t have to cost us runs tonight, until Burnes allowed it to. 

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

I don’t think there is something but Roch made reference to it as if there could be. He also might have had tongue firmly planted in cheek. 

They literally said on the broadcast that they asked Hyde about it today and he said no, it's just how it's been working out with the past few games and giving Adley rest. Now, everyone can speculate that Hyde is lying to the media, and that wouldn't be surprising. The conspiracy theories on the OH are legendary.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

And you’re ignoring why McKenna got attacked for that play. Even though I agree with you that people were still bringing it up weeks later were annoying. 

This happens to guys like Westy, but the notion that McKenna was a doofus was something that was applied to him before that play, it certainly hounded him after. 

Westy doesn’t have that reputation and that helps him in that situation. 

And the folks complaining about McKenna didn't want him on the team. There's no one who doesn't want Westburg on this team.

• Upvote 1