Memphis Game Thread

McNulty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought you didn't read my posts ;) :laughlol:

Seriously though, I don't think we have much of a chance to come back and win. However, it isn't impossible because Memphis almost has to average out at some point as do the Terps.

One thing the Terps might want to do is back off on the press some. Memphis isn't allowing themselves to get trapped, and it's giving them momentum and numbers at the basket when they get the ball down the court.

Averaging out won't do much. This is pretty embarrassing, but not wholly unexpected.

One thing the Terps might want to do is back off on the press some. Memphis isn't allowing themselves to get trapped, and it's giving them momentum and numbers at the basket when they get the ball down the court.

I agree, the press is hurting MD much more than it's helping.

Yes, today Memphis could beat most teams. You've got to be honest though and say that MD isn't one of the 25-30 best teams in the country. This game shows me that Md still has a long ways ago to get to that perennial Sweet 16 level.

A lot of folks will consider this a successful season.

With they way they were shooting they could beat any of those teams.

Considering they'd be facing man to man defense against a team that wouldn't have to pack in their defense, they wouldn't be getting the same shots.

So no, they wouldn't imo.

Yes, today Memphis could beat most teams. You've got to be honest though and say that MD isn't one of the 25-30 best teams in the country. This game shows me that Md still has a long ways ago to get to that perennial Sweet 16 level.

We should. This is a team with no inside presence that managed to fight through problems on- and off-the-court to make the second round of the NCAA tournament.

You can acknowledge what the team accomplished while acknowledging that they aren't where they should be and need to get better.

Consider me one of them. To make the tournament with this roster is a huge achievement

Archived