Memphis Game Thread

McNulty

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if Greivis still thinks Memphis would go 7-9 in the ACC? This is a very good basketball team. We went about as far as we could. I hope Williams and Padget are pretty good next year.

Gregory is terrible on the offensive end and Bowie, while having guts, really makes some bad decisions with the ball.

Despite being over-matched by an obviously superior Memphis team, Terp fans should be proud of this team. The Terps were the ultimate over-achievers this year. They made it to the NCAA tournament when almost no one believed they would get there.

I can't wait for next year!! Go Terps!!

I tell ya. I can live w/o the little wisecracks from some of you. If you don't want to watch the game, don't watch it. If you don't think MD is any good, be willing to say that after they beat UNC or Wake or whatever.

You know there are a group of us just living and dying with this team in this thread yet some of you insist of basically baiting people into reacting. I just don't know what some of you get out of the way you interact on this board. Sarcastic, negative, and full of yourself is no way to go through life...

Not too sure where this is coming from?:confused: I haven't seen this much in this thread...

Very good season for the Terps.......and if they had won the Miami, Fla St, Morgan St and Virginia games they would have been 25-10 instead of 21-14.

It should have happened but it didn't so wait until next year. Gary will have better players next year and the 2009-2010 season should be interesting. Gary did a very good job with the talent he has. If he can just start to recruit better.......

It's a shame that Neal is graduating because he grew as a player this season and he could be a nice role player off the bench next year but his career has ended without much applause. I think he did a lot for the team this season in spite of his limitations as a player. I think he deserves some applause.

It was nice of Gary to put Dupree in at the end and he didn't disappoint us missing an easy layup late in the game. It's likely his last game as he is rumored going to UMBC.

If anyone knows Gary or any of his coaches please try to get the team to start a layup clinic at College Park. Maybe they need an NBA veteran to come in and tell them how important it is to make layups. We miss 10-15 a game and sometimes more. Why? Please tell me why? I think part of the problem is they don't know whether to try to dunk the ball or shoot a layup when they are 3-5 feet from the basket and the hesitation costs them the easy basket. They also probably don't think it's important and don't practice layups enough. They assume it's an easy shot. Big mistake and it cost them a number of wins this season.

Congratulations on battling through a tough season.

Yeh, that one and the "I wish they'd go to another game despite it being in the first half" were the ones that tweaked me up. Here I am jumping through hoops to watch the game and people are making assinine comments designed to get a reaction in the game thread.

I was just touchy at that point. I've calmed down now. :P

I wasn't trying to get a reaction out of anybody with my comment, I really wanted to watch another game.

Very good season for the Terps.......and if they had won the Miami, Fla St, Morgan St and Virginia games they would have been 25-10 instead of 21-14.

It should have happened but it didn't so wait until next year. Gary will have better players next year and the 2009-2010 season should be interesting. Gary did a very good job with the talent he has. If he can just start to recruit better.......

It's a shame that Neal is graduating because he grew as a player this season and he could be a nice role player off the bench next year but his career has ended without much applause. I think he did a lot for the team this season in spite of his limitations as a player. I think he deserves some applause.

It was nice of Gary to put Dupree in at the end and he didn't disappoint us missing an easy layup late in the game. It's likely his last game as he is rumored going to UMBC.

If anyone knows Gary or any of his coaches please try to get the team to start a layup clinic at College Park. Maybe they need an NBA veteran to come in and tell them how important it is to make layups. We miss 10-15 a game and sometimes more. Why? Please tell me why? I think part of the problem is they don't know whether to try to dunk the ball or shoot a layup when they are 3-5 feet from the basket and the hesitation costs them the easy basket. They also probably don't think it's important and don't practice layups enough. They assume it's an easy shot. Big mistake and it cost them a number of wins this season.

Congratulations on battling through a tough season.

Do you have a link or anything about Dupree going to UMBC section18?

OregonBird's comment, especially the "A lot of folks will consider this a successful season" line, which most will (and should) perceive as a dig.

I don't think it was a dig and I wasn't trying to get a reaction.

The team is what it is. They made the tourney, won the first game and made the "round of 32." Today they played a team that had a legit case for a #1 seed and got soundly beat by them. They've got a ways to go to be at Memphis' level and it showed. Making the round of 32 is about where this team should be. All season they showed they weren't a top 20-25 team and I think the finish in this tourney validates it. What should have happened, happened.

A lot of people will consider this season a success. As for me, I'm not sure. While I'm happy they made the tourney after a long absence and did well with what they had, the play was inconsistent for a large part of the season.

One of the radio announcers on WNST said they had heard Dupree was going to UMBC. They have the UMBC coach, Randy Monroe, on their show every week. Maybe something was leaked ahead of time. I know it's Sunday but most of the players on the women's basketball team can shoot better than Dupree and probably play better. Gary has repeated that Dupree needs to practice more and make basketball a priority on the radio. Whatever he has been doing is not working. Theres an old saying if you are practicing doing the same things over and over and it's still not working you will never get better.The phrase practice makes perfect is true if you know what you are doing or you remember what you are supposed to be doing. The latter is not working in his case.

Archived