Who was your favorite guest color commentator this season so far?

Tony-OH

Who was your favorite guest color commentator this season so far?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite guest color commentator this season so far?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/24 at 21:12

Now that Brown and Palmer were back doing games, it appears all of the Orioles guest announcers had their chances. I thought it would be interesting to see how each grades out among the fans. In this one though, all you need to do is vote for your favorite guest announcer.

I'm not sure Devo made the list this year, at least not so far.  He was pretty bad last year as I recall, bless his heart - one of my fav all time players.

I chose Olson but its close between he and BRob.  Neither were great but they were both fine and I think would be better with more regular chances (not that I'm asking for that).  I liked Olson's insights into pitching sequences, so that was basically the tie breaker between those two, for me.

It wasn't part of the question but on the PBP backup, its Ben Wagner for me, and its not particularly close.

I loved Brach as a pitcher, loathe him as a talker. He never shut up and never had anything to say. BRob also talked too much and said too little but was less annoying.

I listened to the Dodgers radio guys a bit during the Yankees series, and it was amazing how often they’d allow silence. Just 5-6 seconds of nothing at all. It was refreshing, and not negative at all despite being radio.

Brach was talking as if his immortal soul depended on a constant stream of blather.

• Upvote 1

I thought BRob and Olson really blended well their insights as player along with modern statistical analysis.  Hopefully gone are the days of former players just waxing about historical tropes and anti-stats biases — we see this too frequently from the FOX/national guys like Smoltz, Papi, ARod, Jeter.  (And just for the record; I’m not talking Palmer here as he is exception to this).

Maybe I am way too superstitious but I disliked the way Wagner called the 9th inning of game 4 vs the Rays. It reminded me way too much of when a kicker like Tucker comes out on the field and they say he hasn’t missed a field goal from under 50 yards in 3 years. Orioles have dominated the series, Rays never have hit Kimbrel and so on. I prefer to win the game first before saying all that. We were one missed call by the umpire against Siri from having the tying run at the plate with no outs. I know it doesn’t have any determination on the game but it’s my preference.