Mayo at Aberdeen for rehab

RZNJ

Posting this in the Orioles forum so everyone sees it and to piss off Frobby.  Two birds (Oriole and one old bird) with one stone.  Mayo is at DH and batting second.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t understand the concept of a minor leaguer going to a lower minor leagues for a rehab assignment.

building  early confidence by starting slowly with less challenging pitchers...im ok with it..

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

building  early confidence by starting slowly with less challenging pitchers...im ok with it..

OTOH it increases the chance that he takes one in the ribs courtesy of these less challenging and less capable pitchers.  I could understand that strategy if he was a pitcher but he isn't, so I don't get it either.

On 6/13/2024 at 7:24 PM, Sports Guy said:

I don’t understand the concept of a minor leaguer going to a lower minor leagues for a rehab assignment.

Yea I don’t really understand it either.  Maybe throw him in a game down at the complex at the end of his rehab for a couple at bats since he is there already.