Friday 6/14 vs Philadelphia

Morgan423

I feel like we've been collectively worried about Bradish 3 or 4 times since he's come back.  Starting to get used to that feeling.

I'm under no illusion that his elbow will give out and he'll have to have TJ, it's just a matter of when.  Until then, I'll just continue to appreciate how far he's come and what a great pitcher he's turned into.  It makes me smile when I remind myself that we got him for Bundy.  He's like what Bundy should have been.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tbone83 said:

What a game. Gotta say I've been watching baseball since the 80s and I don't recall a home plate umpire having a worse night. 8-10 bad calls on a super wide strike zone, and two wrong calls at the plate that would have changed the outcome of the game if not for replay.

Mr. Eric Gregg would like a word. 

https://www.facebook.com/PitchingNinja/videos/eric-greggs-strikezone-in-the-1997-nlcs/874669836638799/

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

the reason I think this was not good news was because Akin suddenly started to throw after they got on the phone....if it was just a precaution or limiting his pitches...Akin would've have known that early...boy do WE have a lot of injuries with our pitchers..

The silver lining is that we have a great and deep farm system to supplement/boost the rotation if need be.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

the reason I think this was not good news was because Akin suddenly started to throw after they got on the phone....if it was just a precaution or limiting his pitches...Akin would've have known that early...boy do WE have a lot of injuries with our pitchers..

Thanks. We can only hope.  They gave him more time before but said it was nothing.  I guess we will see 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I feel like we've been collectively worried about Bradish 3 or 4 times since he's come back.  Starting to get used to that feeling.

I'm under no illusion that his elbow will give out and he'll have to have TJ, it's just a matter of when.  Until then, I'll just continue to appreciate how far he's come and what a great pitcher he's turned into.  It makes me smile when I remind myself that we got him for Bundy.  He's like what Bundy should have been.

The second they pushed him back I was concerned.  

Not to get off topic but remember last year when Means had to rest before the playoffs? Somewhat similar.  

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, the last batter is a little encouraging.  His sinker was in the 94 mph range earlier in the inning.  Ramped it up with Schwarber.  All speculation though. 
image.thumb.png.e724cd8234fcfc7082c2240018e5ccb5.png

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hopeful to resume tonight...gtfo.  Seriously, there's nothing more lame than having to stop a game cause they can't ride out a storm and then have to pick it back up sometime the next day before the next game in a series.

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I know the real world doesn’t work this way but I would almost like a scenario where we can “rest” Bradish until late September and then see what happens.

If there is a tear (not saying there is), but IF there is a tear, the rest is not going to change the ultimate reality. It will need to be repaired. The PRP injections are the non-surgical/invasive procedure route and we've already tried that.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

If there is a tear (not saying there is), but IF there is a tear, the rest is not going to change the ultimate reality. It will need to be repaired. The PRP injections are the non-surgical/invasive procedure route and we've already tried that.

I know. Just saying he would be nice to have in October. 

There is a tear of some sort. We know that. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I know. Just saying he would be nice to have in October. 

There is a tear of some sort. We know that. 

Not all tears are complete.  His obviously wasn’t and could be healed. But it tore for some reason in the first place.  So could happen again. 

Just getting back to the car now. What a game, with an insane atmosphere. I’ve never been to a WS game but I have to think it would be similar to that. Just so much energy and two great fan bases. Too many Phillies fans for my liking but they have a big base. 

• Upvote 3