Coloumbe time table to Return

Sports Guy

I’ll choose to trust the surgeons that actually performed the procedure and reported to Elias and Co over an ‘injury expert’ who has zero knowledge of Coulombe’e actual elbow and surgery. But hey I hope they’re right. 

• Upvote 1

At this point, the fact he's supposed to be back in time for at least a few weeks in the regular season to get right and then be ready in time for October is a win. I assume the Orioles make the postseason even with all the pitching injuries. It's just how the team will fair in the postseason that's the concern. 

34 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I’ll choose to trust the surgeons that actually performed the procedure and reported to Elias and Co over an ‘injury expert’ who has zero knowledge of Coulombe’e actual elbow and surgery. But hey I hope they’re right. 

Agreed. I guess they are trying to suggest it might be worse than just bone chips. But, the Orioles/Elias have been pretty forth coming on the timetables to return. I'm just hoping to have a healthy Coulombe by September and into October.

24 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed. I guess they are trying to suggest it might be worse than just bone chips. But, the Orioles/Elias have been pretty forth coming on the timetables to return. I'm just hoping to have a healthy Coulombe by September and into October.

I’m tempted to say that it’s irresponsible for this guy to even speculate on this type of stuff, but he probably has some large following on X or whatever that he has to satiate. Regardless, Elias seemed relatively confident about a regular season return for Danny, which is all that really matters as you’ve indicated. Him getting back on 8/15 instead of 9/15 won’t have a huge impact in all likelihood 

A potential issue with his return could be tied to the end of the MILB season.  I’m much more confident in Coulombe returning with some reps against AA or AAA competition, than I am with him rehabbing at the complex after the season is over with the handful of injury rehabs that are also there.  Same goes for Felix Bautista if he gets ramped up with enough time.  

2 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Will Carroll knows his stuff. He acknowledged that the Os have more info than him. He’s just saying that based off of evidence they have, the time table seems to be long.