Things are going to get a lot tougher next week...

We played poorly in Houston, and were swept again even with 2 of our best pitchers....next up is  a home series with Cleveland a team with a BETTER record than we have, and the division leader. We will go with Cade Povich in Game 1...and Irvin likely in game 2. Then Texas comes in and today Max Scherzer making his return today... shutout the Royals over 5 innings ....we will see him too. Buckle up, we have a very good team, but it's about to get rocky...need a decent pitching performance badly...havent seen one from us in a week...

This may be the perfect Roy Firestone Reverse jinx lock scenario.  I will be betting this.

I actually liked how Povich threw the ball his last start.  He was kind of wild but the batters really had no idea how to hit him.  This lanky 6'4" lefty coming at them.  Unlike GR and Burnes this week.

• Upvote 1

Cleveland is not that good. They’re 25th in xwOBA, 11th in wOBA, and 3rd in runs per game. Pitching wise, they’re 9th in xwOBA and wOBA, but 5th in ERA. They’ve been extremely clutch and obviously have a good record, but I’m not sure how sustainable that is. Texas is below average both offensively and pitching wise. The O’s should win both series. 

Edited by LGOrioles

20 minutes ago, dystopia said:

This team plays down to its competition 

What?????????????? Down to the Yankees? Down to the Braves? If you are implying the Astros are a bad team and the O's played down to them, I disagree. I think the Astros will be a team to recon with the rest of this year.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

What?????????????? Down to the Yankees? Down to the Braves? If you are implying the Astros are a bad team and the O's played down to them, I disagree. I think the Astros will be a team to recon with the rest of this year.

No, I think it means playing worse against losing teams, but also best against the winningest teams. Which always seems true about the Orioles, even when they were losing. Which probably means it's fan derangement, but still.

At least we are home and near the end of this ridiculous schedule. This should be a telling week. Still two good teams to go till an off day. Hope Roy's magic works! I'm tired - I know the O's got to be.

I saw the thread title and who started it and assumed he was on the East Coast next week and would be posting according to eastern time zone hours.

Edited by RZNJ

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

So to be clear, you’re saying that Guardians-Rangers is a tougher stretch than Braves-Phillies-Yankees-Astros?

uh, ok

After playing the Braves-Phillies-Yankees-Astros with one day off in all of that...yeah, it's going to be tough.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

After playing the Braves-Phillies-Yankees-Astros with one day off in all of that...yeah, it's going to be tough.

It didn't help that the Thursday getaway game with Yankees was at 4pm followed up by a 3 hour flight to Houston. Why wasn't that game scheduled for a 12:30 pm start time?

The least the schedule maker can do to the Yankees is screw them over during their next getaway day at OPACY with a late first pitch time.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1