Monday 6/24 vs. Cleveland

86this

This team is in a free fall. It’s a good thing the Yankees haven’t won much lately either. Seeing Barlow pitch and he’s not one of their best RP, makes me realize how bad our BP is. 

Edited by MDK02
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

I want you to ask yourself honestly if it really would have mattered. Ced is an automatic out bud. 

Mullins hasn't been very good, but he just missed on a home run and no offense but you're usually negative on the team even when they're winning.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Both he and Westie whiffed on what would have been ball four. Can't blame that on the umpire.

Mullins should have already been on base though. I'm not surprised by him getting out Westburg looked off at the plate tonight. He needs to bounce back tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

This team is in a free fall. It’s a good thing the Yankees haven’t won much lately either. Seeing Barlow pitch and he’s not one of their best RP, makes me realize how bad our BP is. 

If Barlow is on the Orioles and facing the Guardians, he starts the inning with back to back walks. They don't chase.

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Gonna take more than that. An acquisition or call up is needed to shake things up.

I'm not worried about the offense, but I think long term the pitching staff needs a couple pitchers (maybe even three) via trade. Or this team might end up playing around .500 ball the remainder of the season.

That wouldn't be terrible since the team is 20 games over .500, but I'd rather win 95+ games.

41 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hays does not have the range to play CF anymore maybe a couple years ago he was passable. Hays is looking slow playing LF his usual position this year. I wouldn't rule out a trade for a CF that can actually hit some. I think it's not likely, but it has to be on Elias' radar.

Hays wouldn’t be my choice either. I would much rather have Cowser as the regular centerfielder for now, and Kjersted in LF.

We need offense, Mullins/Hays don’t have any offense.

If we are going to have a depleted pitching staff, which we do, we need more offense than those two give us.

I think we’re stuck with McCann for now, but I would much rather play him as little as possible, and give Adley more starts at catcher. That means Abbie is going to be tired, but by golly, that’s why he makes the big bucks.