6/27 vs Texas Rangers

Morgan423

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I much prefer “Silent J” because it is unique. It’s hard to find another person who could use it. Well, outside, Norway or Finland that is.

I like that. I'm with you. 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I much prefer “Silent J” because it is unique. It’s hard to find another person who could use it. Well, outside, Norway or Finland that is.

Can't help but think of J and Silent Bob when I hear that

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

I wonder if Texas will sell. They are not doing well.

They are the defending champions, it would look very bad if they folded tents, although they have a few guys I’d like to get.
I’ve already mentioned Jonah Heim, who would be a tremendous upgrade from our current back up, and I wouldn’t mind John Gray either.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

The team is taking some frustration out on Texas today. Let's hope they haven't taken all of it out today and there's more to take out throughout the weekend.

Its gonna be a tough weekend...pitching matchup wise...

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

I also like it because it's a play on Jay and Silent Bob.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

They are the defending champions, it would look very bad if they folded tents, although they have a few guys I’d like to get.
I’ve already mentioned Jonah Heim, who would be a tremendous upgrade from our current back up, and I wouldn’t mind John Gray either.

Jonah Heim is having an awful year. Sure, compared to McCann he's Babe Ruth. If Texas is 20 games out at the deadline and they don't sell, It's going to look a lot worse than if they tried to fix it for next year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I doubt that.  Looks like tickets are going below face value unless you’re a birdland member.
    • Article from when we signed him last November said he was out of options. Wonder if povich makes the playoff roster or someone like him makes sense to option down.    im a bit surprised he didn’t get called up sooner too other than the lack of options to send him back down after. But if we were going to just call him up for one bulk relief outing then release him, we could’ve done it for more meaningful games.    he is only just reaching arbitration, so he’d have to stick on the roster next year unless they can pass him through waivers anyway, but you’d at least like to give him a spring training opportunity to make the bullpen. 
    • If Cowser does not receive the Rookie of the year, the Orioles will not pick up any draft pick if he finishes 2nd or 3rd. The owners and players did not institute an international draft, which is where the international draft picks would have come into play for 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the Rookie of the Year.
    • https://www.mlb.com/news/prospect-performance-incentive-ppi-eligible-players
    • Detroit is one of those teams that got hot at the right time. I think they have won 6 in a row and were 9-1 in their last 10. I checked yesterday I think, but getting hot at the right time is huge for the Tigers. I think Texas last season got hot at the right time and they were like a freaking buzz saw.    I picked Baltimore to be a wild card before the season started, but had them going farther in the playoffs. I hope these guys can get it done. 🕊️
    • With either team as the opponent, the key is going to be us.  At full strength, our lineup is just flat out better than either KC’s or DET’s. Not by a little. By a lot. Witt is unreal, and Perez, Greene, and Carpenter are all really good. But behind those guys, it’s a bunch of mostly light hitters that have had their hot streaks (with DET’s being mostly ongoing) that don’t really compare to the depth in our lineup. If our pitching mostly holds up, we’ll win as long as our hitters do what they can do. Both of those are giant question marks, obviously, and the season will hang on the answer our guys provide. But you really can’t ask for much more than an opportunity to go into a series saying we think we’re better on paper than them and we just need to perform — that certainly didn’t feel like the case last year, with the way the Rangers hit up and down the lineup all season.
  • Popular Contributors