Orioles want Ackley?

Ackley with a rough day (for him) as he goes 1-5 with 2 RBI to lower his BA to .396.

One thing that gives me pause that I didn't notice is that he's been dreadful vs. LHP with a .174 BA. Granted that means he's killing RHP, but the struggles vs. LHP could be an issue for him at the pro level...

I watched the unc game on tv yesterday and this is exactly what i noticed, a lefty was on the hill and he looked absolutely terrible against him. He was bailing in the box and not even putting up full swings. He had a couple of excuse me swing grounders back to the pitchers on pretty average breaking balls. My opinion of him dropped a lot seeing his numbers against lefty's and watching him try to adjust to one live.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bOhs01 and JTrea81, why did you have to bring up those stats? Now I have to find a new draft prospect to cling my hopes on. This week's work production just fell 35%.

Obviously kidding. Good to know this stuff.

rather than using that small sample size to judge whether or not he can hit LHP, first you must see how he well he has fared against LHP in his college career before making such an assumption. Does anyone know of a good site to check splits for college ball players?

rather than using that small sample size to judge whether or not he can hit LHP, first you must see how he well he has fared against LHP in his college career before making such an assumption. Does anyone know of a good site to check splits for college ball players?

I know. I still want Ackley at the #5. At the same time, I trust the team will make the right pick.

I know. I still want Ackley at the #5. At the same time, I trust the team will make the right pick.

BINGO! The team will make a good decision. I don't think Ackley will be around when we pick though. Im thinking Stras....Ackley.....White.....Matzek......Crow

Something in that order and our 2nd rounder will be better this year than our 2nd rounder (Avery) last year.....atleast IMO

There will still be a ton of really good pitching around for us in round 2 as well as some short stops and Stotle has mentioned that there will be some very strong catchers around at 2:5

Ackley has another good afternoon in the series finale, only missing a HR for the cycle vs. Miami following his mini-slump that dropped his BA down to the .380's.

4-4 with a 2B (10), 3B (3) and a BB and 2 R, all vs. LHP to boot

His BA is now back up to .399 following today's game with a 19/33 K/BB ratio.

Full line through 41 games: .399/.508/.709/1.217 with 11 HR, 34 RBI

Ackley has another good afternoon in the series finale, only missing a HR for the cycle vs. Miami following his mini-slump that dropped his BA down to the .380's.

4-4 with a 2B (10), 3B (3) and a BB and 2 R, all vs. LHP to boot

His BA is now back up to .399 following today's game with a 19/33 K/BB ratio.

Full line through 41 games: .399/.508/.709/1.217 with 11 HR, 34 RBI

If he keeps this up, he won't be around for us to draft him :eek:

I can see it now, the O's are going to pass on Ackley to take a pitcher...

...who turns out to be Matzek and is listed as BA's top overall prospect for 2013, replacing Brad Bergesen in 2014 who was traded earlier that offseason. (Hey two can play at the speculation game, I just choose to be an optimist).

Ackley's resurgence against LHP continued tonight as he went 1-4 with a 3 run HR off of LH starter Cameron Roth starting a rally that carried UNC to victory over UNC Wilmington.

The HR was Ackley's 12th of the year and the 3 RBI give him 37 for the season.

I'm not sure that Ackley will be there at #5.

I hope he's not. I think Ackley is an average MLB'er at best, and he doesn't play a premium position. At this point I want Green or the best available pitcher.

Archived