Who will hit .290+ this season?

GotNitro

Who will hit .290+ this season (in Baltimore)  

566 members have voted

1. 1. Who will hit .290+ this season (in Baltimore)

Agreed. I think Markakis will hit .290, but I don't think he'll hit .400 so I didn't vote for him, even though I think he'll hit .290, just not .400. I voted for Roberts and Wieters to hit .290 (but Markakis won't hit .400).

I predict Matt Wieters is going to quickly replace the overated Markakis (at least on the OH) as the one true superstar this team has sorely lacked. I also predict he will hit higher at Triple A this year than Markakis will at the major league level.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I predict Matt Wieters is going to quickly replace the overated (at least on the OH) as the one true superstar this team has sorely lacked. I also predict he will hit higher at Triple A this year than Markakis will at the major league level.

Your disdain for facts and reason simply astound me.

Your disdain for facts and reason simply astound me.

Your apparent lack of observation of pure talent simply astounds me. Matt Wieters is going to far surpass anything Nick Markakis ever does on a major league baseball field. I personally can see him becoming the best Oriole ever if he can stay healthy. A prenniel All-Star.

Your apparent lack of observation of pure talent simply astounds me. Matt Wieters is going to far surpass anything Nick Markakis ever does on a major league baseball field. I personally can see him becoming the best Oriole ever if he can stay healthy.

Have you actually seen Wieters play? Just wondering...

Have you actually seen Wieters play? Just wondering...

Yes. He has it all and in abundance when it comes to talent. I would have to say off the charts. The Orioles better try to lock this kid up now to a long term contract or he will be wearing pinstripes five years from now (or less).

I predict Matt Wieters is going to quickly replace the overated Markakis (at least on the OH) as the one true superstar this team has sorely lacked. I also predict he will hit higher at Triple A this year than Markakis will at the major league level.

I am confused at this prediction. Wieters should hit higher in AAA than Markakis does in the majors. Markakis is hitting off of major league pitchers. My head hurts. :scratchchinhmm:

I am confused at this prediction. Wieters should hit higher in AAA than Markakis does in the majors. Markakis is hitting off of major league pitchers. My head hurts. :scratchchinhmm:

Sorry to hurt your head but I don't think Wieters will get enough at bats at the major league level this year to outhit Markakis. Hence the minor league statement.

So you don't think Markakis will hit .290?

Yes. He has it all and in abundance when it comes to talent. I would have to say off the charts. The Orioles better try to lock this kid up now to a long term contract or he will be wearing pinstripes five years from now (or less).

If the Orioles do it right, he will not be a free agent until after 2015 (7 years).

Yes. He has it all and in abundance when it comes to talent. I would have to say off the charts.

I am not arguing that at all, but I am bringing up your delusional opinion of Markakis again.

I mean do we really need to go over how you are judging Markakis in a completely arbitrary fashion that has no basis in reality whatsoever again?

I mean, I don't get what makes Markakis an overrated bum and Wieters the "greatest Oriole of all time" in your mind.

It must be a strange place.

Oh snap! Let the triple A batting race begin!

Archived