This question is for some of the draft gurus around here. What is the word on Alex Wilson? This kid has been tearing stuff up since he has come back from TJ surgery. Scouts are comparing his stuff to Rich Harden(as well as injury history) On one scouting report I read on him, it said he would have been the top ranked college pitcher(im guessing with the exception of strasburg) if it wasn't for him coming off of injury. So what are the chances this guy sticks around to the 2nd round due to his injury history? Does he have horrible mechanics that induced him to rupture his Tommy John ligament?

This question is for some of the draft gurus around here. What is the word on Alex Wilson? This kid has been tearing stuff up since he has come back from TJ surgery. Scouts are comparing his stuff to Rich Harden(as well as injury history) On one scouting report I read on him, it said he would have been the top ranked college pitcher(im guessing with the exception of strasburg) if it wasn't for him coming off of injury. So what are the chances this guy sticks around to the 2nd round due to his injury history? Does he have horrible mechanics that induced him to rupture his Tommy John ligament?

It could have been one of several factors that mechanics may or may not have attributed to. If you have some video, I'll take a look and tell you what I think.

As always, thanks for the stuff.

I wanted to head to Waco for the A&M/Baylor series, then try to catch Miller and or Purke down closer to Houston, but doesn't look like I'll be able to. If I can take the time off work, I'll get some video.

Archived