This Just In - Cuts - Pauley clears waivers

o'sman458202233

I feel a little bad for Montanez, but he still has a little immature side to him.
"Like yesterday, we were at the Mets game. There was a lot of chatter in our dugout about [Daniel] Murphy, how he's a good player and he can hit. He's going to be their starting left fielder, and I'm sitting in the dugout thinking, 'He was in our league and I won the Triple Crown.'"

Just keep on hitting Lou. You'll find your way up here...however just keep these comments to yourself.

Murphy is 24 years old, Montanez is 27 years old.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not hurting anyone by saying that, and he's earned the right. He just can't get discouraged to the point it hurts his performance.

My first take from the comments is that it's not professional to say something like that. Keep those comments to your self.

Penn should be in the pen, not the rotation.

The idea that you are basically guaranteeing Eaton will eat innings is a complete joke.

He is terrible and very injury prone.

How is it a joke? Thinking Penn can eat innings is a joke. At least Eaton doesn't get rattled like a young pitcher does. And Eaton can at least make the adjustments or suck it up to gt 4 IP before giving it up to the pen. I have no confidence Penn can do this. And I agree...Penn should be in the pen, but I doubt he'll help us as a long man. He'll just be putting more gasoline on the fire.

I feel a little bad for Montanez, but he still has a little immature side to him.

Just keep on hitting Lou. You'll find your way up here...however just keep these comments to yourself.

I see nothing wrong with Lou coming out and saying this. After all, it's the truth. Generally speaking, we as fans get bored of the same cliche answers like "I'll just go down to Norfolk, work hard and hope I get a chance" when we all know there's more to it than that. There's a reason Lou is a favorite among the Orioles media: he says what's on his mind and tells the truth.

I understand how his comments could put people off but it sure beats the same old stock answers athletes love to regurgitate.

Who cares?

You trot him out there and see what you have with him.

Maybe he ends up sucking...So what?

At least at that point, it becomes more likely that he passes through waivers.

And what makes you think Trembley will do that? He's likely to be the 13th pitcher that only gets used once every two weeks out of the bullpen if he makes the roster.

Trembley would stick with a guy like Eaton, just like he stuck with Trachsel IMO. As for Penn as a starter, he'd have a quick hook with Penn, and that's not good for the rest of the bullpen.

Penn needs to either be sent to Norfolk, or gone from the organization completely. Perhaps we can get a useful player for him in a trade?

How is it a joke? Thinking Penn can eat innings is a joke. At least Eaton doesn't get rattled like a young pitcher does. And Eaton can at least make the adjustments or suck it up to gt 4 IP before giving it up to the pen. I have no confidence Penn can do this. And I agree...Penn should be in the pen, but I doubt he'll help us as a long man. He'll just be putting more gasoline on the fire.

We need an innings eater out of the pen?

Don't think I have ever heard anyone say that before.

Eaton is awful.

No way, he's earned a spot over Pie. All his hard work was for naught as he wasn't MacPhail's pet. I have no problem with him making these comments as MacPhail screwed him over. He's earned a spot on this roster.

We need an innings eater out of the pen?

Don't think I have ever heard anyone say that before.

Eaton is awful.

I didn't say Penn would be an innings eater in the pen. Man you need to read better. I was comparing your idea of Eaton vs Penn in the rotation. Penn would NOT be an innings eater in the rotation. If we kept him in the pen, his only purpose would be for mop up duty.

And yes Eaton is pretty bad, but not as bad as Penn right now.

April is going to be rough because of our schedule. We can't afford killing our pen by trotting out Penn to pitch 2 IP a start. That's beyond crazy. At least Eaton could give us a better chance at 4-6 IP.

No way, he's earned a spot over Pie. All his hard work was for naught as he wasn't MacPhail's pet. I have no problem with him making these comments as MacPhail screwed him over.
There's the JTrea we all expect!

Yeah, MacPhail screwed over Montanez.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyestf:

No way, he's earned a spot over Pie. All his hard work was for naught as he wasn't MacPhail's pet. I have no problem with him making these comments as MacPhail screwed him over.

Look I don't have a problem with Lou's comments. I just think it probably wasn't a good idea to say that as your making your way to AAA. He sounds bitter and immature and the FO doesn't want to hear that.

And have you noticed Pie is hitting pretty well lately? :rolleyes:

I didn't say Penn would be an innings eater in the pen. Man you need to read better. I was comparing your idea of Eaton vs Penn in the rotation. Penn would NOT be an innings eater in the rotation. If we kept him in the pen, his only purpose would be for mop up duty.

And yes Eaton is pretty bad, but not as bad as Penn right now.

April is going to be rough because of our schedule. We can't afford killing our pen by trotting out Penn to pitch 2 IP a start. That's beyond crazy. At least Eaton could give us a better chance at 4-6 IP.

Did I mention this?

There's the JTrea we all expect!

Yeah, MacPhail screwed over Montanez.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyestf:

Well Montanez obviously thought he was in a competition, which he should have been. Perhaps had Pie not been brought in, Luis would be in LF or at DH instead of Pie taking his roster spot.

And when you've outplayed somebody that's brought in to take your job and the GM just gives it to him anyway, that can be a little frustrating I would think. It makes you wonder why you busted your ass I imagine...

Luis has had to work hard to get to the majors and in back in Trembley's good graces. He does everything the team wants him to do and then gets beaten out by a guy who he outplayed just because he's a pet project of the GM. That's not fair, but Pie's talent ceiling apparently trumps on field performance.

Hopefully Pie will justify this injustice this season...

I have to say I'm mostly siding with JTrea on all this. Montanez did his part and MORE to earn the job. I hope he gets brought up shortly with the big club or we deal him to someone who needs OF help. He could net us a valuable piece (1b or a SS) that we can actually use in the future, as opposed to a 6th OF prospect.

Well Montanez obviously thought he was in a competition, which he should have been. Perhaps had Pie not been brought in, Luis would be in LF or at DH instead of Pie taking his roster spot.

And when you've outplayed somebody that's brought in to take your job and the GM just gives it to him anyway, that can be a little frustrating I would think. It makes you wonder why you busted your ass I imagine...

Luis has had to work hard to get to the majors and in back in Trembley's good graces. He does everything the team wants him to do and then gets beaten out by a guy who he outplayed just because he's a pet project of the GM. That's not fair, but Pie's talent ceiling apparently trumps on field performance.

Hopefully Pie will justify this injustice this season...

What a joke...lol

Lou had competition with Freel, not Pie.

Montanez is so far away from a real starter, its not even funny. Pie has more overall ability in his pinky finger than Montanez has in his whole body.

So please, let's not turn this into another one of your bs crusades.

Archived