Perfect Example Of Tejada Losing a Game!

Eli Eon

There was no bad hope. It was a routine grounder like the ones taken during infield practice. Nothing at all difficult. No excuse for that botched DP. Even the announcers have been ragging on Tejada for it because it was the game!

Note: for all you stats people, there ought to be an informal stat kept, when you cause an error that would have ended an inning with no runs scoring and since it doesn't, whatever runs score after that get deducted from the error maker's RBI total! This would give a true picture of how much a player's defensive blunders hurt the overall performance of the player! Tejada's defense is killing this team!!!:eek::mad:

So you'd rather have Fahey or Bynum on this team than Tejada?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was no bad hop! It was a routine grounder like the ones taken during infield practice. Nothing at all difficult. No excuse for that botched DP. Even the announcers have been ragging on Tejada for it because it was the game!

Note: for all you stats people, there ought to be an informal stat kept, when you cause an error that would have ended an inning with no runs scoring and since it doesn't, whatever runs score after that get deducted from the error maker's RBI total! This would give a true picture of how much a player's defensive blunders hurt the overall performance of the player! Tejada's defense is killing this team!!!:eek::mad:

agreed on the defensive part...however, where would they be without his GS earlier??

So you'd rather have Fahey or Bynum on this team than Tejada?

I would rather have Hernandez or Fahey playing SS. Tejada should be moved to LF, DH, or traded! His defense is awful to behold, and I am tired of it!!!:mad:

I would rather have Hernandez or Fahey playing SS. Tejada should be moved to LF, DH, or traded! His defense is awful to behold, and I am tired of it!!!:mad:

What if I told you Miguel Tejada was an above-average defensive SS who, like every other player in MLB, makes a mistake every now and then.

What if I told you Miguel Tejada was an above-average defensive SS who, like every other player in MLB, makes a mistake every now and then.

You'd be telling him something that about 50 other people have told him. You can't tell him any different than "what he knows." Fools errand.

agreed on the defensive part...however' date=' where would they be without his GS earlier??[/quote']

His defensive blunder more than wiped out the salami, so it was rendered meaninless other than to pad his offensive stats. He could have hit it and with another better guy playing short the Mariners would have 5 fewer runs on the board!:eek::rolleyes:

He botches too many double play balls like tonite. Maybe I will have to start documenting them along with the games they cause to be lost as apparently people chose not to believe what is going on on the field with Mr. IRON GLOVE Tejada!:(

His defensive blunder more than wiped out the salami, so it was rendered meaninless other than to pad his offensive stats. He could have hit it and with another better guy playing short the Mariners would have 5 fewer runs on the board!:eek::rolleyes:

Yes because NOBODY ELSE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD EVER MAKES AN ERROR!!!!!

Gah. Why do I even bother?

You'd be telling him something that about 50 other people have told him. You can't tell him any different than "what he knows." Fools errand.

Keep telling yourself Wedge, that I am a fool and Tejada's defense is fine. Along with Santa Claus is real and so is the Easter Bunny!

:P

What makes you think that a guy who has played nothing but SS his entire career can just up and move to LF?

Anybody can play LF. It is where teams usually hide their worst fielder. (Refer to Manny Ramirez, Boston Red Sox!;)

He botches too many double play balls like tonite. Maybe I will have to start documenting them along with the games they cause to be lost as apparently people chose not to believe what is going on on the field with Mr. IRON GLOVE Tejada!:(

Ok, go ahead and also document the good plays he makes. Oh wait, I doubt we see you post when he ranges into the hole and fires a strike to first to rob a base-hit.

You only point things out when they go bad.

Hey, it's ok. I openly admit that I only pile on Chris Ray when he stinks but most of the time, when I pile on him, it's because of his own doing. Tejada is not only the reason we were in this game to begin with but it's not like our pitchers could pick him up after the error by actually, you know, getting guys out.

Archived