Perfect Example Of Tejada Losing a Game!

Eli Eon

The inning should have been over period. The fact he blew that totally piece of cake DP ball was just like sticking a pin in the balloon of the morale of the team. You could see it on Daniel Cabera's face. I know from playing baseball at lower levels that when your fielders let you down it is frustrating beyond belief, especially when you are playing a team that is more talented to begin with, you simply cannot give them extra outs. The Orioles thanks to Tejada, beat themselves this game defensively. His blunder has also caused extra innings out of the bullpen, which will cause repercussions down the road in the next series against Boston. I personally have seen enough of his shoddy play at shortstop. Those who disagree with me must not mind it, but I sure do.:mad:

Maybe you can say that Cabrera's morale was shot because of that. I played little league or in high school or whatever just like you did, and yeah it's frustrating as a pitcher when someone boots a ball, although you'd hope guys at this level have a little more poise than that.

But Walker has no excuse. It cannot matter to a reliever what happened before he came in, or he shouldn't be a major league reliever. He comes into a situation and his job is to get outs, regardless of what's happened. He failed tonight, period. To lay it all on Tejada--and none on the pitchers--is bogus.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, how 'bout this weather we're having?

These flash storms are freakin' crazy, man. I love this time of year in these parts.

Though, I'm leaving for 5 days tomorrow morning to where it's even more humid, and with more flash storms. Go figure. Of course, the clear water and awesome beaches make up for it.

These flash storms are freakin' crazy, man. I love this time of year in these parts.

Though, I'm leaving for 5 days tomorrow morning to where it's even more humid, and with more flash storms. Go figure. Of course, the clear water and awesome beaches make up for it.

If you get stung by a Jellyfish I'll give you Tejada's cell phone # so you can call him and scream at him.

What do you think of Jeter's defense at SS?

Jeter > Tejada or Tejada > Jeter

This answer will tell me all I need to know.

I am much more concerned with my favorite team (Orioles) than anything the Yankees do, even though I do despise them and hope they lose every game!;)

Jesus man he made an error let it go. How you can rant so much about one error is beyond me. Sure he should have made the play. But he didn't and it is time to move on. The pitchers needed to pick him up and they too failed at doing so. Have you ever played baseball before? Just because the ball is hit right at you doesn't mean you are going to make the play 100% of the time, I don't care who you are.

Well folks I certainly didnt read past the 1st cple post in this thread because it is about this time every year that I lose total interest and could care less that I cant see the team that I love.

Then a thread like this comes along and pretty much secures my 2-3 month leave of absence!

Well folks I certainly didnt read past the 1st cple post in this thread because it is about this time every year that I lose total interest and could care less that I cant see the team that I love.

Then a thread like this comes along and pretty much secures my 2-3 month leave of absence!

I agree, you have to be a diehard Orioles fan or a glutton for punishment to watch this horrible game through to its finish. It is a primo example of how not to play defense and pitch!

I agree, you have to be a diehard Orioles fan or a glutton for punishment to watch this horrible game through to its finish. It is a primo example of how not to play defense and pitch!

Brother I love ya man but it is the Orioles! Luv them or not they suck! But you certainly cant lay the blame on one error Sh## happens and the Orioles are the new jinx. Lets just hope we dont have to wait 80 yrs like Sox fans did!

How is Ravens training camp looking anyway? :D

Yeah Eli.

Walker giving up 5 and the pitching staff giving up 13 was ALLLLLLL TEJADA'S fault.

The outright boner you have for bashing this guy is hysterical.

"ignore"

Again, Walker wouldn't even have come into the game possibly until the next inning or inning thereafter. Cabera would likely have come out the next inning as he did his job only to watch Tejada blunder the game away horribly!!:( Blunders like this help to wear out the bullpen prematurely. It is hard to put a value on how bad this botched play by Tejada effects the team now, and for the immediate upcoming games.

Again, Walker wouldn't even have come into the game possibly until the next inning or inning thereafter. Cabera would likely have come out the next inning as he did his job only to watch Tejada blunder the game away horribly!!:(

He blundered ONE PLAY!

ONE PLAY DOES NOT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN A 13 RUN GAME!

So what, Walker gets no blame? How do you know Walker would not have come out?

See there is that passing off your assumptions as fact again. We've had this talk.

Tejada also hit a grand slam tonight.

But sure, go on ahead and keep thinking that. Go on ahead. You're totally right.

He blundered ONE PLAY!

ONE PLAY DOES NOT MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN A 13 RUN GAME!

So what, Walker gets no blame? How do you know Walker would not have come out?

See there is that passing off your assumptions as fact again. We've had this talk.

Tejada also hit a grand slam tonight.

But sure, go on ahead and keep thinking that. Go on ahead. You're totally right.

His grand slam was nice, but he wiped it out by giving up five runs by blundering a play so easy it was embarassing to watch him muff!:(

His grand slam was nice, but he wiped it out by giving up five runs by blundering a play so easy it was embarassing to watch him muff!:(

I just checked all of Tejada's career stats and I cant find anything showing we he has every pitched an inning in his ML career!

Archived