OUch! er Yipes! Brandon Tripp Released

DrShorebird

Eh, Tony, I wouldn't sweat it. When Bob Woodward cites unnamed sources he still gets criticism, despite being a Pulitzer Prize winner. And here you are not only not naming the sources, you aren't even saying exactly what they said. Mind you, I am not criticizing the way you've handled it, but as a loyal reader it's kind of frustrating to only know that somebody (maybe more than one somebody) had something negative to say about why the guy was released, but not know who said it or what it was they said. In those circumstances, it's kind of hard for us to have an opinion as to whether these non-performance related reasons for Tripp's release are good reasons or not.

In my case, I really don't care. He could have been an Eagle Scout, and he still wasn't at all likely to reach the majors. So if the team had additional reasons to let him go, besides the performance-related ones, it doesn't matter much in assessing whether the decision to release him was a good one. Now if they suddenly released someone like (just picking a name of a better prospect at random) Ryan Adams for non-performance related reasons I'd be a lot more interested in the specifics.

No one said they were good reasons or not, just that I was told there was some other considerations besides his performance/projection. Why is it frustrating? Why is so important to know the specifics? I gave some more information to those who were questioning why he was released while others stuck around.

Perhaps I'll keep this info to myself in the future and let everyone guess. Personally, I thought it was helpful to know that there was more to the story. Instead I get my credibility questioned and you telling me you are frustrated over not knowing the details. :rolleyes:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one said they were good reasons or not, just that I was told there was some other considerations besides his performance/projection. Why is it frustrating? Why is so important to know the specifics? I gave some more information to those who were questioning why he was released while others stuck around.

Perhaps I'll keep this info to myself in the future and let everyone guess. Personally, I thought it was helpful to know that there was more to the story. Instead I get my credibility questioned and you telling me you are frustrated over not knowing the details. :rolleyes:

Well, I assume you know I am not questioning your credibility. And sure I'm somewhat frustrated about not knowing the details, though I am not at all sugggesting that my frustration (or anyone else's) is a reason for you to share the details. It's natural, when you've been told "there is more to the story," to want to know exactly what the "more" is. It's human nature.

Archived