Red Blood Boiling

Rex Thunder

These kinds of threads are getting tedious. It's like you guys are still surprised this is happening, 6 or 7 years later after the Red Sox and Yankees fans have really taken over the yard.

The only thing that's gonna change any of this is for the O's to start winning. The ball is in the O's court, not ours.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These kinds of threads are getting tedious. It's like you guys are still surprised this is happening, 6 or 7 years later after the Red Sox and Yankees fans have really taken over the yard.

The only thing that's gonna change any of this is for the O's to start winning. The ball is in the O's court, not ours.

You're right... but that doesn't excuse the poor manners and nasty attitude of Red Sux fans. It just doesn't. WE, the fans, have to make it uncomfortable for them to pretend its "Fenway South." We are all getting very tired of them.

MSK

Yes, there was a sea of Red there last night but I didn't mind it so much. A full house made it exciting. The Red Sox fans on the whole are respectfully and really cheer for their team. It was a much more enjoyable game then some I have been to this year where the announced attendence was 24K but the number of people in the park were closer to 15k.

I talk to a nice guy and this family from New Hampshire. He said he could not get 4 seats together for at Fenway but if he could if would cost him $600 bucks. Instead he can take him family on Southwest and come down to Baltimore, see the Inner Harbor and its attractions, catch a game in a great Park and its cheaper. I can't blame the guy.

I love Camden when the O's fan fulled the park every night but that has been a while. Last night was exciting. Red Sox fans or not.

Of Course I don't feel that same way about Yankee fans. What a bunch of in your face buttheads.

As we're entering the park last night Red $ox Nation at Camden Yards was trying to bond with the locals with a round of "Yankee$ $uck" chants.

I knew this night could be a bad one when I decided to keep the tickets, but seriously....

O'd the anthem at 5X to 10X my usual volume.

In my section, the percentage of Red $ox Nation at Camden Yards fans was about 60%, but they were relatively polite, unlike the drunken yahoos upstairs. We booed every one of their cheers, started as many "Let's go O's" cheers as we could, and were screaming for everyone to get up during the Orioles' rallies in the 8th and 9th.

I think one thing that kept Red $ox Nation at Camden Yards relatively quiet during the game is the fact that their team didn't score for 7.2 innings. If the Orioles had been blown out, it would have been very, very ugly.

I left the park last night very, very happy...but I left my voice in my seat. Still can barely talk now! Fun...very, very fun! :D

I love going to MFY and the Red Sux games. Especially because over the ones I've went to in the past 2seasons, we've never lost. It's always great to ask them to read the scoreboard at the end of the game and getting the "What's your record" reply. When I go, I'm loud no matter what and obnoxious right back to those obnoxious fans. If they wanna come to Camden Yards and be real jerks then they can get it right back from me.

No, the ball is in the FANS court to buy the tickets and kick the Sox fans out.

No, the ball is in the FANS court to buy the tickets and kick the Sox fans out.

I think you're expecting a bit too much from fans. It's hard to expect a family to drop $100 - $200+ for a single game multiple times a year when this team hasn't won in 10 years.

It's a simple formula. A winning team puts fans in the seats. More fans in the seats = less tickets available for Yankee/Red Sox fans. It's not hard. A winning team solves ALL of the FO's problems. Angelos and whoever he is letting make decisions need to understand that what this team has been doing just does not work.

No more tired, aging veterans.

No more middle of the road FA's.

No more wasting draft picks.

No more holding on to guys like Gibbons in some sad hope that they'll "regain" value that they never really had to begin with.

To expect even the hardest of hardcore fans to continue to drop money on a team that he/she knows is terrible, flawed and showing disturbing signs that they really haven't learned from past mistakes is just not realistic.

Wow, thanks Captain Obvious! Glad you pointed that out. YOu mean last night wasn't the first time Red Sox fan came to the Yard??? And what, I thought we won the World Series last year? It's been how long since we had a winning record.

You know what's tedious? You taking the time to get on here and say "These threads are getting tedious." If you don't like the thread, don't click on the link- and don't respond.

I specifically stated, this was more of a VENTING thread than anything- if you can't use this site to vent with fellow O's fans- then what is it for.

Next time, just move along to a more, or "less" tedious thread.

I hope everyone is seeing the sea of red.

I hope everyone is hearing the ovations being given to the opposing team.

I hope everyone is hearing the announcers making fun at the fans' expense for the Res Sox fans at the park.

Look, this hasn't been a good team for a while. You know that, I know that, I don't think there is a person who would deny it.

The front office has made mistakes, too many, and for the most part has not really given Orioles fans a reason to go to the games.

However, despite all of that, we as fans should be embarrassed by the way that ballpark looks and sounds today. Truly embarrassed.

We already know the players are embarrassed. Whether the front office cares or not is irrelevant; they make the money either way, so just not going to the games out of principle is a poor rationalization of the issue.

I don't know when we will be good again, and I'm not making this plea here as a criticism like in other threads. This is simply a request from one fan to the rest.

Let's all start buying the tickets to these games again.

The players will appreciate it for sure, and maybe if it happens it would get the front office's attention more then a 1,000 person walkout at a meaningless game ever would.

Even if you don't want to buy tickets to other games against lesser teams, at least be willing to buy them against the Yankees and the Red Sox.

That is all I ask.

Archived