Roch: Tex speaks

Frobby

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2012 through 2017 he will wish he was an Oriole. His neck will be sore from looking up at the Orioles.

Realistically, with $200 mm+ to spend, the Yankees are always going to be a factor. I'm hoping the O's can build themselves into a contender, but building a team that is consistently better than the Yankees is going to be very hard for anyone to do.

I would die a happy man (hopefully, far in the future), if the Skanks fail to win a World Series over the course of the next 8 years. :clap3:

Which naturally means he'll probably win 6 or 7. :rolleyes:

The "curse of the Moose" becomes the "curse of Tex". :eektf:

Guest rochester

I have wondered since this debacle started if any of our homegrown Baltimore folks who can not stand PA would have taken a big cut to stay home. Just wondering

http://masnsports.com/2009/04/teixeira-speaks.html
"In a perfect world, the Orioles would have won the World Series every year that I was alive and I'd be an Oriole right now," he said. "I have so much love for this city, for this organization, but in the business world and in the baseball world, sometimes you have to make difficult decisions. And when it came down to it, the Yankees were a better fit for me."

Front runner.

Yankees’ Mattingly Was the Man to Teixeira as a Boy

During Mark’s childhood, he attended at least one Yankees-Orioles game a year at Memorial Stadium and then Camden Yards. On those days, Teixeira wore a Yankees shirt and cap and was treated like the enemy in his own backyard. Camden Yards was not littered with Yankees fans the way it often is now, so Teixeira’s allegiance to Mattingly was unusual.

Huh?

The gap that exists between the NYY and the Orioles in the "business world and the baseball world" is partly due to guys like Tex making the decisions they do. The NYY have $ and they will field their team.

Tex took the $. I have no issue with that, but let's call it like it is.

The Os will finish above the NYY at some point during the duration of his contract and he will have to ponder if it was worth it if he does not win a ring.

I can't either.

But I think he's a d-bag too.

And in a perfect world, I would be in the Orioles minor league system right now. He had every right to sign with the Yankees but as said he is a d-bag and I hope that the Yanks never win the WS while he's there and that we become a dynasty.

Looks like I started a cliche. :laughlol:

Archived