Roch: Tex speaks

Frobby

Looks like I started a cliche. :laughlol:

Heh, he is what he is. I am not too upset we didn't get him especially for the money the Yanks ended up paying him but he surely knows that the Yanks can easily out resource us with the revenue they have.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still think he's a d-bag. ;)

Everytime I read D-bag, my brain first processes it as D-back, as in Arizona Diamondbacks.

Then I have to slow down and manually reset my mind by saying to myself "Not all D-bags are D-backs, and not all D-backs are D-bags".

Can't quite figure it out, but it's been like this ever since Curt Schilling pitched for them.

Money money money

That is why he is in NY.

He can say what he wants....He has changed his story every article..In one article, he is a Yankee fan..in another, he is an Orioles fan.

He is smart..He is in NY with the worst media in the country...So, he is going to play up the "i love NY" theme to get everyone to love him.

Had he come to baltimore, he would be doing the same thing.

End of the day, it was/is/always will be about the money.

Teixeira seems to be a little bit two faced with this depending on whether he's talking with Baltimore, NY or national media.

Here's the quotes from him in this morning's New York Metro paper - http://www.metro.us - where he was interviewed by Jeff Seidel:

"If you're wearing a Yankee uniform you're going to get booed in Baltimore. I wouldn't expect anything less. I hope they boo me for the next 15 or 20 years because that means I'm doing a good job. The Yankees were the team for me. I'm close to home in New York. The most important thing for me is a championship, and I think the Yankees are in a great position now and in the future. It's going to be nice coming back. I love coming home and and seeing family and friends and playing in a great ballpark."

Money money money

That is why he is in NY.

He can say what he wants....He has changed his story every article..In one article, he is a Yankee fan..in another, he is an Orioles fan.

He is smart..He is in NY with the worst media in the country...So, he is going to play up the "i love NY" theme to get everyone to love him.

Had he come to baltimore, he would be doing the same thing.

End of the day, it was/is/always will be about the money.

You cant belive a thing this d:bag says. He has a obnoxious face. He annoys me everytime I hear him talk. The Dbag deserves to loose 8 straight years in NY.

He can play where he wants, I don't really care. The fact of the matter, to me at least, is all this crap about him loving one team as a child vs. the other. Listen, Tex -- we get it. The Orioles aren't as good as the Yankees, and the Yankees offered more money so you went there... awesome! What we -- the fans -- also get is the fact that someone has to feed us BS about what team he loved growing up. You had a chance to play with your hometown team, and you passed it up to go to the biggest rival possible -- gee, I wonder why people are being negative!?!?

Teixeira said the reason he bats from both sides of the plate is because of Murray.

Tex is 2 years younger than I am, I seriously doubt he remembers Eddie Murray as an Oriole, he was 6 or 7 when the trade to the Dodgers went down.

I think we all know the real reason he bats from both sides of the plate is Brady Anderson LOL :wedge:

Archived