Trevor Rogers 2024

Just Regular

38 minutes ago, Spakman said:

You mean a AAAA starter.  Sometimes I think he thinks he’s smarter than everybody else, so he does things that no one else would do just to prove a point. I don’t actually think he wants to spend money on free agents. I think he likes the idea of trying to be the smartest man in the room. I think his attitude is going to change somewhat next off-season, After his many blunders at the trade deadline. 

Trying to figure out which part of this is the most absurd is really difficult.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

As I have said before,  someone on the O's thinks they can fix Rogers or they would not have traded for him.   He has lost a couple of miles on this fastball and that could be mechanics.

Rogers has 2 options left so they can fix his in ST and the minors.  His service clock is stopped while he is in the minors.  He has two more years of major league service time left.

It's a little premature to count Rogers as a bust.   Acquiring his is adding a lefthanded starter to the O's pitching depth.  He will turns 27 in November which is not old.  Heck, Suarez is 34 and added a lot to O's pitching staff this season.

Agreed with all of your points here.  But what concerns me is that, under Kim Ng, the Marlins became a pitching factory, starting with Rogers at the MLB level.  He had a great 2021, and it’s been up and down since.  Meanwhile, aside from Jake Eder, who had Tommy John and was then traded to the White Sox, just about every other pitcher that they’ve brought in has excelled.  From teenage phenom Eury Perez, to a scrap heap reliever like Tanner Scott. 

There is potential in his arm, and as a lefty, he can pitch losing some MPH and still be effective.