Opening day thoughts and things

Moose Milligan

MLBN just showed a highlight of Griffey Jr's first at bat back with Seattle...a groundout to 2nd base.

But it was great to see him in a Mariners uniform again where he belongs. IMO, he never looked right in the Cincy uniform.

Also thought it was interesting that neither Pedro or Ben Sheets were on a mound today.

It's great that Griffey is back in Seattle. I think when I was growing up in the 90's that he was the concenus favorite player of everyone. And how can he not be? He seemed to be like a kid out there, always smiling, and enjoying the game. It sucks he won't have a shot at the record and that he had all those injury problems. Surprised no one wants to take a chance on Pedro or Sheets.

It's great that Griffey is back in Seattle. I think when I was growing up in the 90's that he was the concenus favorite player of everyone. And how can he not be? He seemed to be like a kid out there, always smiling, and enjoying the game. It sucks he won't have a shot at the record and that he had all those injury problems. Surprised no one wants to take a chance on Pedro or Sheets.

Pedro I can kinda understand as he's old and fragile.

Sheets is more puzzling to me, in a way.

I know it didn't happen today, but my boy Derek Lowe threw one helluva game last night against the Phillies, allowing the Dodgers to start 1-0. Nice to see him do so well, only 2 hits and 0 ER over 8 innings.

Pedro I can kinda understand as he's old and fragile.

Sheets is more puzzling to me, in a way.

Isn't Sheets pretty much out for 3/4ths of the season?

I think we should see if Pedro start for us or wants to be a Closer. If he wants to prolong his Hall Fame Career and become a Closer.

Archived