Here's the thread where you apologize for doubting Guthrie

Carroll County

:)

Eh. It's all in good fun. But SG should feel a little vindication, even if it did take two years for his prediction that Guthrie was no more than a back-end of the rotation kind of guy to come true. ;)

I'm doing this for SG.

Ohhhh, SG would never ever miss a chance to say "I told you so."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what's going on with Guthrie? And the rest of the O's pitching staff, too? His fastball is still at 95, but is suddenly straight as an arrow and very hittable. Collectively, with only a couple of exceptions, they can't throw strikes and when they do, the ball gets hit hard....hard as in leading the ML in HR's and extra base hits allowed. Is our pitching really that bad....are we simply unlucky....or do we start casting a weird eye at Krantz?.....:scratchchinhmm:

Of course everything is accentuated now because the team has stopped hitting, too.

Guthrie has seemed to get rocked early in a lot of starts and then settle down.

Is there any reason for that or does that have any meaning? Is there something maybe off with his routine for getting loose?

Because he's had several games where he looks like Adam Eaton in the first two-to-three innings and then settles down and looks even better than the guy we've seen for the last two years for the rest of the game.

Sounds like somebody got ripped off at the dealership

Hmmm. Who?

I was referring to the $20,000 claim price. Though admittedly, I was thinking $50,000 which is why I said "Lexus".

I was only talking about the transaction cost, not his salary.

Hmmm. Who?

I was referring to the $20,000 claim price. Though admittedly, I was thinking $50,000 which is why I said "Lexus".

I was only talking about the transaction cost, not his salary.

I thought you meant his salary.

I thought you meat his salary.

Nah. Just referring to the fact that we picked him up at such a low cost. Indians got nothing for our two years of above average production.*

*Seriously, you thought I was referring to his salary for two seasons as being @ $50K or so?

Nah. Just referring to the fact that we picked him up at such a low cost. Indians got nothing for our two years of above average production.*

*Seriously, you thought I was referring to his salary for two seasons as being @ $50K or so?

Figured you were exaggerating and I was just like joking and such

Archived