Colin Cowherd bashes O's fans for Tex boo's

isestrex

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom line is this:

He went to the Yankees. His legacy will be that he bounced from team to team before settling with the team full of mercenaries, that is the Yankees.

I know that Orioles fans will be able, in a few years, know that our team is in better shape for the long term than the Yankees and Tex will be stuck in 4th place with an aging team, while the Orioles and their young rotation and team full of young stars will be in the playoffs year after year.

I am very sure that he will then wonder why he listened to Boras and signed with the Evil Empire.

I will be there to boo him tomorrow and again on Thursday...

I hope that he is cursed to the same fate that another traitor, Mike Mussina, had----- NO RINGS!!!!

I'd just like to point out that I'm a born and bred New Yorker and a lifelong Orioles fan. Does that indicate some character defect?
Jeez Leweez, as a born and bred New Yorker myself and a 2/3 of life Orioles fan, I can certainly attest to and identify fully with your character defect. ;)

I'd just like to point out that I'm a born and bred New Yorker and a lifelong Orioles fan. Does that indicate some character defect?

No, and I love NY, that's not what I mean at all. I'm not stating that there's anything wrong whatsoever with liking a team from a different area, heck, it's just at team. All I intended was that it's a different value from mine and for me that's enough justification to dislike Teixeira. There are lots of Yankee fans from Maryland, too, and it drives me nuts. Far be it from me to say there's something wrong or that's a character flaw.

Let's be realistic, BTerp. Did you really expect him to diss Baltimore and its fans? Of course he would say nice things about the city and fans in each of the respective towns that came a courting. It would be foolish to do otherwise from a business perspective during the course of the pursuit/negotiations -- and furthermore, it's the gentlemanly thing to do to say nice things about each suitor. Self-interest and good social behavior converge in this particular case. He did nothing wrong other than break a lot of fans' hearts in the natural course of a process in which this kind of thing is inevitable.

I'd prefer him to be honest.

If instead of the "Playing in Baltimore would be a dream come true" statement, he admitted that though he supported the Orioles and loved the city, his loyalty was to his favorite player and if he had the chance he would follow in Don Mattingly's footsteps.

The other way just makes him sound like A-Rod: trying to please everyone but pissing off most.

Jeez Leweez, as a born and bred New Yorker myself and a 2/3 of life Orioles fan, I can certainly attest to and identify fully with your character defect. ;)

Oh...oh god. You realize we're the two people arguing with the rest of the thread, right? Maybe we have latent Yankees cells that are being awakened! NOooOOoOOoooooo!!

If you publicly stated your desire to play for your hometown Yankees, then took more money to play for the Orioles, you don't think they'd boo? :laughlol:

Hell, when I was younger, my favorite player, even beyond Cal Ripken, was Nolan Ryan. I still have a bunch of memorabilia of him, and my first game at Oriole Park was mostly to see him pitch.

That doesn't mean I loved him more than the Orioles, or that I wanted to play for the Rangers.

I have a feeling that can't be said for Teixeira: he probably was a Yankees fan.

If you publicly stated your desire to play for your hometown Yankees, then took more money to play for the Orioles, you don't think they'd boo? :laughlol:

Hell, when I was younger, my favorite player, even beyond Cal Ripken, was Nolan Ryan. I still have a bunch of memorabilia of him, and my first game at Oriole Park was mostly to see him pitch.

That doesn't mean I loved him more than the Orioles, or that I wanted to play for the Rangers.

I have a feeling that can't be said for Teixeira: he probably was a Yankees fan.

Well, this is basically my point. I'd happily boo Teixeira, but I don't think he's a bad person for choosing the Yankees. If he'd led the Yankees on only to come home to the O's in the end he would have been sainted on here.

Okay, that's a well-stated counter-argument, dslats, that clearly demonstrates you have a reasonable sense of perspective about this. It would be reassuring for me to learn that other Tex-boo-birds had a similar view of things. It seems to me that many of them don't.

Thanks. I think I'm in the majority that are BOOing at their disappointment that he is a Yankee, not an Oriole. That he would choose this. I'd venture to say that most people don't hate him as a person (though some could feel his playing for the Yankees is a character flaw ;)).

Also, I don't buy the hometown discount thing, but negotiations never got serious between us because MacPhail said Boras/Tex basically never came back to us. Thats the most disappointing thing because it shows a complete not want to come to Baltimore.

I wonder what Colin Cowherd would say if he knew how much I hated him...I think it's definitive proof that you can hate something that doesn't matter.

He would say, thats just fine. Just keep listening just like half the guys in this thread who claim they have never even heard of Colin Cowherd:rolleyes:

Well, this is basically my point. I'd happily boo Teixeira, but I don't think he's a bad person for choosing the Yankees. If he'd led the Yankees on only to come home to the O's in the end he would have been sainted on here.

Actually, it's not basically your point ;)

He talked out of both sides of his mouth; I have no doubt that had he chosen us over the Yankees he would have said something about how even though he loved Mattingly he loved the Orioles.

One of the two statements of his fan loyalty would still have been false.

And as for him being "sainted", fans will rationalize anything. Which really is basically your point :D, but not at all the issue.

He would say, thats just fine. Just keep listening just like half the guys in this thread who claim they have never even heard of Colin Cowherd:rolleyes:

Right, because there aren't other sources available to find out what he says.

His jackassery is available all over the internet, so that the lucky ones who don't like diarrhea shoved into their ear canals can simply view it in print.

Archived