Colin Cowherd bashes O's fans for Tex boo's

isestrex

When Yankee fans boo Red Sox players that is having a good rivalry. When we boo we are sour grapes. ESPN will stand firm in their commitment to glorify all things Yankees and Red Sox. I could care less what he or Rosenthal or Gammons or Olney have to say.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colin who?

Coward... oop, sorry... Cow-herd.

He's the kind of guy who makes sure that you always reference the cattle pun in his last name so you never, ever, ever, call him "Colin Coward". And then proceeds to hypocritically spew his own highly opinionated judgements.

My level of dislike for him is very high. Him, and Skip Bayless.

---

Last post from me in this thread. Please folks, don't feed the troll. Even if he does have a radio show.

Lol I'm surprised at the amount of posters bashing ME for just listening to this guy :P. Trust me, I don't set my watch to his show... sometimes I catch him on the radio and when he mentioned the Baltimore game my ears perked up.

Colin Cowherd is the "2nd" morning radio personality for ESPNradio. His timeslot is from 10am-1pm EST following the popular Mike and Mike morning show. Basically he's the morning show for the west coast and is one of the least east coast biased faces at ESPN (which doesn't say much).

He is probably 30% insightful and 70% downright infuriating and 100% controversial. And he likes it.

Lol I'm surprised at the amount of posters bashing ME for just listening to this guy :P. Trust me, I don't set my watch to his show... sometimes I catch him on the radio and when he mentioned the Baltimore game my ears perked up.

Colin Cowherd is the "2nd" morning radio personality for ESPNradio. His timeslot is from 10am-1pm EST following the popular Mike and Mike morning show. Basically he's the morning show for the west coast and is one of the least east coast biased faces at ESPN (which doesn't say much).

He is probably 30% insightful and 70% downright infuriating and 100% controversial. And he likes it.

Speaking of Mike and Mike... thought I heard Greeny say that if we had some pitching to lookout, BECAUSE THOSE GUYS CAN HIT!

Quotes signs "Saverna Park hates you" and "we hate you"

Colin says "there's a big difference between being passionate and saying 'I hate you'"

Says sarcastically that Tex would be a better person if he took less money and went to work every day with no hope of making the post season.

One fan calls in and says "Yeah O's fans boo Teixeira but when the Yanks show up and he sits out, they feel like they've been ripped off" Colin agrees O's fans are selective.

Another fan calls in and refers to the Tex relationship as him "dumping" the Orioles. Colin can't see it at all. "You never had him in the first place... how could he dump you?"

Another fan calls in and says we (Orioles) have been waiting for a winning team for a long time and we're overdoing it with the booing. Colin says good call "Passion is no excuse for hate. Get a life haters."

This Cowerd guy has some little radio show, right? Sports talk radio is kind of like sifting through the OH and only reading the posts that got removed by the moderators.

If you put "not" in front of everything a guy with a sports talk radio show says and then do that you'd be ok.

It saddens me that they replaced Kornheiser with that pompous blowhard. Not that Kornheisers show was something special, in fact, it was a banner day when he actually got around to talking sports, but seriously...when Mike & Mike go off the air, turn off ESPN Radio. You can listen to Tirico and Van Pelt, but avoid Cowherd like the plague. Or Mad Cow disease.

When Yankee fans boo Red Sox players that is having a good rivalry. When we boo we are sour grapes. ESPN will stand firm in their commitment to glorify all things Yankees and Red Sox. I could care less what he or Rosenthal or Gammons or Olney have to say.

Yup. Cowherd talks all the time about how great it is when Yankee and Red Sox fans go at it, but as soon as any other teams fans raise their voices they are "haters."

Cowherd is a joke anyway. He takes outrageous postions every day just to get people worked up. This is only the latest example.

While I find Cowherd's speaking style incredibly annoying, I agree 100% with his take on the O's fans at yesterday's game. There aren't many among us who actually would have turned down the Yankees money had we been in that situation.

Ironically, I found myself in complete disagreement with his remarks ripping Peter Angelos, who has somehow, quite to my shock and delight, transformed himself into the model owner. (Did I really say that?)

Cowherd is all about the ratings. What he says is only said to invoke disucssion and interest. He doesn't care if your discussing how awful he is or how great he is, the fact that you're discussing him at all is what he's after, period. He's not alone in that regard... it's the general trend.

Exactly! Many people say they hate the guy and still listen. Cowherd is good at his job period, check his ratings.

I could care less what Coward (spelling error intentional) said, but I am hoarse from Booing that bum Tex yesterday. I don't know how it came across on TV, but it was LOUD boos in the balpark my friends. He could NOT have ignored the noise.

I could care less what Coward (spelling error intentional) said, but I am hoarse from Booing that bum Tex yesterday. I don't know how it came across on TV, but it was LOUD boos in the balpark my friends. He could NOT have ignored the noise.

All I wanted was for the boos to be louder than they were for Raffy in August of 05. That was the loudest booing I'd heard for a player.

Archived